2.7m carpet python found in park in Burton SA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha for a start the length given is the shed length? which is usually a lot longer than the snake it came from.

Lol a snake skin has been found in a park near your house dont let the kids near trees lol and lock the pets up lol.

"He said it could double in size to more than 6m if it reached its age expectancy of 15 to 20 years. The snake could travel up to 500m a night in search of food".
6meters LOL

:rolleyes: i think the "expert" is full of ****, but what do u guys think?

Our s-s-scary find at Burton - Local News - News - News Review Messenger

apparently it might double its size to 6m in the next 5 years etc, i personally have never heard of a 6m carpet python. is this a load of crap or am i misinformed?

It said "He said it could double in size to more than 6m if it reached its age expectancy of 15 to 20 years." not in the next 5 years.A 6m shed skin would be around a 4m snake so you never know.....

That python was probably well under 2.7m if they are measuring the skin. Carpet pythons can probably get over 4m although nothing that big has been officially recorded. A six meter carpet python would be about as likely as a person 3m tall.

sorry, i wrote that before i read the article properly, just wrote what someone else told me. i just find it funny that a "snake expert" has said all these stupid facts. i agree with the last comment on the page tho, someone prob put their pet snakes shed there to **** stir people lol. i know i have done it to visitors to my house lol.

I like one of the comments below the story. the person claims "I have snakes of over 4 metres who would still not be capable of eating a cat or dog, kittens or puppies and even rabbits are possible though." His 4 metre python isn't capable of eating a cat ! ! it must be one of those snakes with a tiny mouth !

uhmm correct me if im wrong here
snakes can escape + the bush + owner has given up= snake mite!

I like one of the comments below the story. the person claims "I have snakes of over 4 metres who would still not be capable of eating a cat or dog, kittens or puppies and even rabbits are possible though." His 4 metre python isn't capable of eating a cat ! ! it must be one of those snakes with a tiny mouth !
Gee that makes me laugh..A 2year old BHP ive got here can eat a small dog-cat,i gather the 4mtr snake has tiny mouth syndrome..C,mon guys-girls dont yous ALWAYS hear about all those huge snakes that reach from one side of the road to the other side..So many people have seen this,however theres NEVER any proof to back it up..Carpets can reach the 4mtr mark,however most max out 6-9ft..unless powerfed in captivity for years...

lucky it isnt " poisonous " lol . Sounds like the little brother was the most iintelligent person in the article .
Make sure if you live near by you lock up your mice and rats lmao

I have snakes of over 4 metres who would still not be capable of eating a cat or dog, kittens or puppies and even rabbits are possible though
yeh?

Attachments

• Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Pythons_CarpetPythons_CoastalCarpetPython_05.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Pythons_CarpetPythons_CoastalCarpetPython_05.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Pythons_CarpetPythons_CoastalCarpetPython_32.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Pythons_CarpetPythons_CoastalCarpetPython_32.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 198
  • Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Pythons_CarpetPythons_CoastalCarpetPython_33.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Pythons_CarpetPythons_CoastalCarpetPython_33.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 171
If bitten, wash wound with disinfectant; seek medical advice immediately.

What the....all snakes bites should be treated as if they are deadly not wash of the toxin that doc use to test for what snake it is.
Some times the media just are the dumbest going around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back