2 diamond clutches

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

serpenttongue

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day all, in the past 4-5 days 2 of my diamonds have laid eggs.

Female 1: This female did not look gravid at all :shock: Absolutely no swelling or firmness in her body, so i never expected her to be gravid. On sunday i just happened to look in her hide and saw 2 slugs that she had kicked out of the egg pile. I gently parted her coils to see some good eggs, but a little caved. She must have laid them some time last week, and as i never thought she was gravid i never thought to look.

Female 2: This girl showed all the signs of a gravid female and was very swollen. I predicted today to be her egglaying day and i was right. She laid a nice clutch in her hide.

Following are some pics of me removing the female, and a few pics of the eggs.

1st pic. Who would have thought theres eggs under her?

And here's a pic of the other clutch. Both females were easily removed by myself with no help and the eggs were stuck together well, the only problem i had was that the eggs stuck very well to the newspaper in the hide.

Only one dilemma, though. Tomorrow Intergral energy are turning off all the electricity to every house in my street for 6 hours. :evil: I had to rush out to Bunnings and buy a generator to hopefully keep the incubator running. I could SCREAM :evil:

Fingers crossed :wink: :)

serp,- Ive had the same dilemma over the years and I just tell the power co and they supply a generator free of charge while power is off.

Yeah, infact most have been near new. To easy ah. Remember we pay to have our power supplied not just for the power, so if they cant supply the power and it will some how do harm they always come to the party to solve the prob when ever possible. Cut outs by storms are another story thou thats when your generator will really pay for its self.

re 2

Good news serpentongue,and youve posted some good pics too well done,look forward to seeing some hatchys! :D

Congratulations mate! :D

You must be a happy chappy. :)

That's a beautiful female you have there and so good natured with you too.
Testament to the great temperament of the sub-species & the great care you undoubtedly give them.

Great pics by the way, as I imagine you had the camera in one hand & were unravelling the snake with the other.
Who says men can't multitask! :wink: :lol:

Just a coupla quick Q's :-

:?: What incubator set-up or brand/model are you using?

and... :?: What time of day/night do they lay?

I'm still setting up for laying & want to be there for the moment, if I can.

Good luck with your power cut/transfer to generator.

All the best, john

She's tiny i had no idea a diamond would breed at her size.My girl is easily ready to breed and i thought she was way too small...well done st!!

I have a friend who has a smicko incubator but doesn't bother using it because of regular frequent blackouts every year i think a generator has to be the way to go.

i've not breed me pythons (yet) so i'm a read dill at knowin' anything about it ATM.i gotta' ask what r the 2 brownish eggs in pic (100_0259.jpg) the 6th one. r they the slugs ya's refer to???

Zen, here's a pic of my incubator. It is a homemade one and is definately not the best design. It originally was one big one like a bar fridge but then i put a shelf in it and divided it into two. It would probably fall apart if you bumped into it. BUT, it works :wink: . I will most likely pull it apart next year and build 2 smaller ones with a slightly different design.

My incubation mix is 200g Verm/190ml water. I prefer my mix to be drier than most peoples. If i'm using a larger than normal container, the ratio is doubled.

I have found that most of my diamonds lay eggs around 3pm. I guess it just depends on the individual snake, though. Look for signs of restlessness. The one that laid eggs for me today was pacing like mad around 6.30am this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back