2 new jungles, score!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami-Lochy

Reaction score
Hey guys picked up one female jungle 26months old and one male about 1 year old. Got them both for 250$ which is a bargain, so very happy with that, the male is quite cage defensive and bitten me once already. Just wondering how I can pick him up without him going into his defensive stance and striking? Anyway I'm not going to handle them much yet as they need to settle in to their new enclosures.The guy said the female was a jag. Don't think it is but not too sure what jag means anyway. How do you identify a jag?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 408
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 410
i am quite jealous,that female is gorgeous. 1 hatchling alone from that pair would cost a lot more than the initial purchase :p

very nice jungles and great bargin. like the first pic, you can see the beardie in the top left hand corner checking out the new snake.

Cheers guys, yeah they are beautiful :)
had to drive 400km but definately worth it! hopefully they will breed next season, next year. This will be a big learning curve. Does anyone know if cage defensive snakes have issues mating as they might act aggressive to the female. I'm thinking he will calm down easy with a bit of regular handling though it would be good to know if this sort of behaviour leads to issues down the track.
I know the male is a black and yellow but I'm not sure about the female all he said was it was a jungle jag..not to sure. Don't some jags have neuro issues? How can I check if she is a jag?
She is a moody one, kept hissing when I was took her out of her container to put her in her new enclosure, the guy said she has only bitten once, after he had her out for an hour one time.

Weather a snake likes me or not is the last thing I look into when choosing breeding stock.

Either of them wanting to kill you wont affect breeding.

I looked into jag and it is a codominant genetic mutation that causes reduced pigmentation, so I'm thinking she is definately a jag. Glad I figured that one out :)

I don't know how you got them for that price but u are so lucky good luck with them and if you don't want to pick them up with your hand get a hook

If you bought them from the guy at Tweed heads it's definitely not a jag.

Have a look at a few jungle threads on here mate, there are plenty of line bred reduced pattern jungles that are not jags.

I looked into jag and it is a codominant genetic mutation that causes reduced pigmentation, so I'm thinking she is definately a jag. Glad I figured that one out :)
neither animals are jags , the seller is either illl informed ( and is confused between RPs and jags ) or was lying to you to put it bluntly

this is a jungle jag hatchling

Attachments

• IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
neither animals are jags , the seller is either illl informed ( and is confused between RPMs and jags ) or was lying to you to put it bluntly

RPM is a Jag.... RP is the reduced pattern of a line bred normal

are you sure the seller didnt say jab 'sib'? (sibling)

nice looking snakes anyway.

Lol they're defiantly not jags, look like standard old jungles...

neither animals are jags , the seller is either illl informed ( and is confused between RPs and jags ) or was lying to you to put it bluntly

I thought that it was the posters conclusion that they were jags from his Internet searching and not what the breeder had told him.

edit: sorry mate I re-read the thread and the breeder did say the female was a jag.

Last edited:
Cheers for the info guys, yeah he definately didn't say jag sib, I see so its just a reduced pattern. Interesting about the grey eyes, i thought the eyes were normally black, so maybe it is a sib.. Ill see if I can get any more info out of the guy I bought it from. I'm not that keen on it being a jag just wish the guy would disclose some more info about the lineage ect.. Oh well that's the downfall when your buying things cheap sometimes the people your buying the snakes off, aren't too knowledgable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back