2 new jungles, score!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a pic of a pure RP jungle, no jag genes involved:
1059354_539420899439321_1760360353_n.jpg

Im going to side with the non jag team, grey eyes don't mean jag, I've seen a number of non jag animals with silver/grey eyes. Probably just an interesting pattern, caused by who knowns what breeding. I wouldn't bother trying to guess what kind of jungles they are, it would be very unlikely that they are a pure locality and unless you are certain of their locality, you shouldn't go calling them one to the people who buy the hatchlings from you.

silver/grey eyes are definite sign of it being a jag
never seen a jag without them
never seen a jungle with them
are you sure , heres a shot of my jungle jag that shows the eyes and a shot of one of my coastals with very similar eyes (although i realise your where reffering to jungles not having those eyes ), whilst it just may be that every jag has those eyes i dont think its a definite sign that it is a jag as my guy shows that even normal morelia can have those eyes , my adult coastal also has silver eyes but its a darker shade of silver nothing like these 2

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 56
Took this picture of her today.. She has some really nice markings..
Currently I really would like to move her into a 2ft long, 3 ft high, 2ft deep enclosure, but the problem is that the enclosure in question that I have, is a glass tank and I'm not sure on how I am going to make this snake proof lid. Anyway I just bought myself some wood, some nails, and superglue so going to give this a go. I'm not to DIY savy. by the way, does any one have any idea how I can attach a perch and some climbing sticks to the glass?? Superglue probably won't do for the perch, how could I have a 6ft snake being held by a bit of glue..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 41
personally i think she is a increased pattern jag. you should breed her when she is ready and see what you get.
she reminds me of a pastel ball python ; lovely python

Cheers guys, yeah they are beautiful :)
had to drive 400km but definately worth it! hopefully they will breed next season, next year. This will be a big learning curve. Does anyone know if cage defensive snakes have issues mating as they might act aggressive to the female. I'm thinking he will calm down easy with a bit of regular handling though it would be good to know if this sort of behaviour leads to issues down the track.
I know the male is a black and yellow but I'm not sure about the female all he said was it was a jungle jag..not to sure. Don't some jags have neuro issues? How can I check if she is a jag?
She is a moody one, kept hissing when I was took her out of her container to put her in her new enclosure, the guy said she has only bitten once, after he had her out for an hour one time.

hey mate...
use a hook to get them out that way you can keep the head away from you while you grab the tail to move it

Took this picture of her today.. She has some really nice markings..
Currently I really would like to move her into a 2ft long, 3 ft high, 2ft deep enclosure, but the problem is that the enclosure in question that I have, is a glass tank and I'm not sure on how I am going to make this snake proof lid. Anyway I just bought myself some wood, some nails, and superglue so going to give this a go. I'm not to DIY savy. by the way, does any one have any idea how I can attach a perch and some climbing sticks to the glass?? Superglue probably won't do for the perch, how could I have a 6ft snake being held by a bit of glue..
Just a thought, couple of bits of wood(1 to 2 inches long roughly half inch thick, siliconed into a V shape attached to either end of the tank (attached to glass siliconed flat)and sit the perch on these. Ive seen this done mainly on GTP enclosures. Man a pic would be easier than describing this :facepalm:

Just a thought, couple of bits of wood(1 to 2 inches long roughly half inch thick, siliconed into a V shape attached to either end of the tank (attached to glass siliconed flat)and sit the perch on these. Ive seen this done mainly on GTP enclosures. Man a pic would be easier than describing this :facepalm:

That's an awesome idea. Thankyou.

personally i think she is a increased pattern jag. you should breed her when she is ready and see what you get.
she reminds me of a pastel ball python ; lovely python

I may be breeding her to a reduced pattern k. Aland tablelands jungle this season. She is more than ready to breed, she is at least 2 years old but I would think she must be a bit older.. She is a massive 6ft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back