20% Humidity... Enough?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DANGER WILL ROBINSON! You're snake will DIIIEEEEE at those levels!

sounds a bit low going by other members post, someone said 50-55% , they might have trouble come shed time. you could move the water bowl to the warm end or use a larger one. p.s apologies for messing up your "new baby" thread :oops:

no worries, yet i thought this was way too low, i have 3 water bowls in there and i have been misting the cage and soaking the hatchies in warm water for a few minutes at night, but the humidity doesnt seem to be raising, what else can i do?

put a small stand under the heat lamp and place a water container directly under it ... thi will definatly increase the humidity.... good to do for all snake juast as the eyes clear... helps with shedding

yeah thats a good idea, i wish i had thought of that before i went and made it rain in there with a misting bottle lol
oh well at least the humidity is up to 50% now.... lol

:) whatever works that is the trick with these little tackers :)

are these the ones you are after??? Size = 500 ml These Spray Bottles are ideal for misting or spraying any reptiles, as the spray nozzle is adjustable. Perfect for use on hatchling dragons to prevent dehydration until they find they water bowl and also used to bring the humidity level up in the enclosure when your reptile is coming up to shed its skin.

they will cost you a whole $3.50 though

yep, good one Ella. also if you have a few water bowls you could place a large sponge in one, increased surface area for evaporation will increase humidity too. basically warmer water evaporates faster than cold, so water onder a heat lamp or on top of heatmat will increase humidity, could well be just too much ventilation though if you have 3 bowls. let us know how it goes.

I think 'Ella' has hit the nail on the head, it's a ventilation problem, too much!

Cover some vent area up and you should be able to keep just the one water bowl in there, and spray around shedding time, not normally needed anyother time.

Hope it works out.

Neil

How humid do people think it gets in inland australia?

In the bredli range and MD range humidity is rarely over 30 or 40% and it's only over that for a short time.

Don't worry about it.

good point there but then again the home enviroment is not like outside, think airconditioning, heaters etc ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back