3 Bank Enclosure Renovated To 2 With Heat Cords

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Geeza

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So this older enclosure I decided to change from 3 to 2 and add the heat cord under tile method.
Old Enclosure

11362977605_bdcd0ba52e.jpg

Bit of Routering
11363019216_e69ab5e4b5.jpg

Cut out for top 2 enclosures making 1
11363047984_8750350333.jpg

Tiles and Hatch fitted
11362971725_e3fc703307.jpg

11363107533_bdf55ecf87.jpg

11363010946_3d0cfcaa49.jpg

And Fitting the usual perches....Happy how this has turned out and all done in a day and $56 only spent
11362965675_024e73632f.jpg

;););)

Looks good.im thinking of going heat cord for my next enclosure build/conversion. What wattage is ur heat cord and what do u do with the excess? The 1 at our local pet shop the length is 6mtrs

This enclosure has 2x 4.3m 25w.... And I draw the length out before I router... Will post pics tomoz showing length I had left

Cool.with the length u do have left what do u do with it?? Does it matter too much on how close each run of the cord is to itself?obviously within reason of course as ur not gonna have each run 10cm apart lol.also what brand of cord is yours

Cool.with the length u do have left what do u do with it?? Does it matter too much on how close each run of the cord is to itself?obviously within reason of course as ur not gonna have each run 10cm apart lol.also what brand of cord is yours
Funny you should say that......u run the cord 20/25 mm spacing's...25mm is the max as u wont get the required heat in tile any larger....I mark out on a board or paper the tile and run enough runs so all the cord up to the heat marks r under the tile (no spare) only the plug and cable........also don't forget to router a slot in ht middle for the thermo probe...c Pic....Pete
10095363953_101034636e_c.jpg

9957821893_333dfb3f8e_c.jpg

Oh cool.thanks for that.i will need to find the same type of cord as u.like I said our local pet shop cord is 6mtrs in length the urs brand. So ur thermostat probe is underneath the tile with ur cord,if u set ur thermostat to say 34 do u find ontop of the tile is 34? Or do u set it a bit hotter to get ontop of the tile 34. Sorry for questions am currently using heat lamp and heat mat.never used a cord b4

Oh cool.thanks for that.i will need to find the same type of cord as u.like I said our local pet shop cord is 6mtrs in length the urs brand. So ur thermostat probe is underneath the tile with ur cord,if u set ur thermostat to say 34 do u find ontop of the tile is 34? Or do u set it a bit hotter to get ontop of the tile 34. Sorry for questions am currently using heat lamp and heat mat.never used a cord b4
Ill pm all the testing I've done and details when I get 2 secs k... I will also up date a pic of the probe etc from the back which I'm fitting tomoz

[MENTION=33265]dragondragon[/MENTION] .... I will finish this post later today as enclosure will be completed and tests done and will fill u all in with the answers to your questions :)

Thanks I need to buy new wood for my enclosure now to do it your way what sealer do you use to hold down the tile. Your converted enclosure looks good the snake going in the top must feel like a king with his double story enclosure.

Ok lets finish the thread off lol ;) @Porkbones @dragondragon .......If u look at both black and white routered enclosure floors there is an extra slot in the middle that is for the probe to be inserted from the rear wall via a hole that u will drill, I then push in and just tape in place (c pic)
Regarding 2 enclosure and 1 cord , I have done this before but the bottom tile that was above the cold tiled floor always was 2 deg lower so had to put a thin piece of polystyrene under (so u have to do some testing)....in the perfect world 2xcords and stats work best......THO if u c in the pics of the power board set ups on both black and white enclosures I am using 1 x stat for the 2 x cords in the black one and 4 x cords in my 4 x bank stimi enclosures (which r in anuva thread)...all testing is done and I get constant tems for all tiles.
The answer but u will have to test regarding setting stats temps is that I have found I have to set 2 deg higher to obtain the required temp ....eg stat is 36 giving me a 34 deg max then it drops to 32 before reheating but it will be constant temp if u use a digital pulse stat...OK worn out now so here r some pics...any questions plz ask im here to help ;)
4 x Stimi Bank (I love the idea I can switch any enclosures of at any time)
11410106255_333393821c_c.jpg

Resent reno...(Was sweating it out regarding how much cord I had left lol :) )
11410244513_a0abce809f_c.jpg

As u can c I just push probe in and tape up
11410102676_e9af5dcf0b_c.jpg

And all clean and ready to go (just waiting on the extremely poisonous silicone to dry out before snakes go in ;) )
11410098126_fc5ee0d407_c.jpg
@dragondragon ..cant help u with the silicone answer as there was a huge debate on here last week and if u wana be fully safe just use aquarium silicone (I do use bathroom sealant due to the colour ) but that's my choice and been using it for many a yr here and in the UK with no problems...all to there own...check and c if u can find the thread and have a read yourself and make your own mind up......OKIDOKI Bye From ME.......Pete

Last edited:
Mate looks good.but alas I have further questions lol what wattage cord do u run? And I didnt see a thermometer probe ontop of the tile. R u still yet to secure 1 to the top of the tile?? And was ur cord the 4.3 mtr length( not sure if u have already said ,can't b bothered to close this box down to check lol )

Yep just went through ur posts and seen the wattage and length of cords lol

My enclosure isn't gonna be done for a while end of next year is when I need it I'm unsure what I'm gonna do but I was thinking of doing a few small ones the same size for some pygmy's I'm getting and maybe a few other ants if I have space I might make 9 with a heat cord for each level. I got so many things to make next year I'm going to be busy.

Mate looks good.but alas I have further questions lol what wattage cord do u run? And I didnt see a thermometer probe ontop of the tile. R u still yet to secure 1 to the top of the tile?? And was ur cord the 4.3 mtr length( not sure if u have already said ,can't b bothered to close this box down to check lol )
If u use a 300x300 tile then use the 4.3m / 25w cord..... If bigger tile then go the 6m ( can't remember wattage off top of my head).... And my probe is already fitted ( c one of the pics ).... Just slid in the center slot I routered.... I then use an infa red gun to test top of tile temps.... Read thread again as all the info is in there lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back