########### 365 days #######

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
365 days........

13 months ago I would never have thought that after being a carton a week smoker for something like 35 years I would or COULD quit......Yes today is day 365......

Can't believe just how easy it was..........and saving around $450 per month is also great........

CONGRATS huge effort mate, well done,

i was a smoker of 12yrs and that was a struggle giving up cold turkey but 35yrs wow

top effort mate should go reward yourself with a new snake or something to show apprecaitaion for your effort

i do that on occasion reward myself for not smoking the savings are huge aint they

Nice work mate....bet you feel a lot better for it.

Well done treat yourself to a holiday with the money you saved or something else nice.

Congratulations mate. Now that's $450 more each month for herps :D

yipeeeeeee
and think of all that money you have now to buy yourself another special snakie and a special enclosure to keep it in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness.......it could be gold plated !!!!!!

Elizabeth

Thank's everyone. Yes I've surprised myself and stunned my daughter.

Still can't believe how EASY it was. As my Doctor said, it a miracle drug and he was so RIGHT.

congrats.....wat did u use to give up i have tryd plenty of tyms but always get sukd bak into it

good work nev. champix?

Had quite a few friends use them with great success, one mates father was a 50pack a day smoker for nearly 40 years, now almost 12 months smoke free. i'm one of the few that got the negative side effects from them, made me smoke more, tired and aggresive.

i'm using my soon to be first born as motivation, have to say im feeling better for doing it. still having a few but no where near as many- 7 weeks max left to be over it.

Last edited:
good work nev. champix?

Had quite a few friends use them with great success, one mates father was a 50pack a day smoker for nearly 40 years, now almost 12 months smoke free. i'm one of the few that got the negative side effects from them, made me smoke more, tired and aggresive.

i'm using my soon to be first born as motivation, have to say im feeling better for doing it. still having a few but no where near as many- 7 weeks max left to be over it.

Yes, I used Champix and the only negative reaction other than loosing 50% of my sense of taste were stomach cramps. I soon fixed the stomach by modifying the dose rate and when I took them.
After that just plain sailing........

Well done Nev,
I am 4 years in Feb..and my lungs are looking better than ever :)
I used the Zybans...was dead easy

well done !!!!!!! thats awesome. Both my wife & I gave up in may after 30 yrs But only lasted 2mths She did the Champix & I cold turkey was ok till the odd ciggie turned into my wife buying a packet Back to square one Now we are entertaining the idea of attempting it again Only thing i didnt like was it didnt help with the middle age spread lmao

Congatulations Nev I gave up for 6 weeks once a few years ago that was hard

Well done Nev,
I am 4 years in Feb..and my lungs are looking better than ever :)
I used the Zybans...was dead easy

Same here with the zyban. 4.5 years later and still going strong. Only side effect is that I am now 10 kg fatter :(

CONGRATULATIONS I use to smoke did it for over 20 odd years ...but a trip by ambulance ,and stuck in HDU for 72 hours then 3 days in the general ward ..finally put a stop to it ...its been now 5 years...WILL NEVER EVER EVER go down that disgusting habit again ...just wish the hubby would do the same ...

I started this thread for a couple of reason.

1/ yes, to give myself a pat on the back for quitting, absolutely stoked....

2/ to tell others that if I can quit after 35 years than anyone can

3/ to promote the use of CHAMPIX and there are others but to me CHAMPIX is a wonder drug

4/ and yes the old saying that there is nothing worse than a reformed smoker IS CORRECT. I even go so far as to stop and chat to people I see smoking in Queen Street Mall. This stuff should be allowed to be advertised on T.V. ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back