########### 365 days #######

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well done !!!!!!! thats awesome. Both my wife & I gave up in may after 30 yrs But only lasted 2mths She did the Champix & I cold turkey was ok till the odd ciggie turned into my wife buying a packet Back to square one Now we are entertaining the idea of attempting it again Only thing i didnt like was it didnt help with the middle age spread lmao

Yes, It's all or nothing....in 1975 I stopped cold turkey and stayed off them for nearly 5 years. Then the odd one at a party soon ended up at a pack a day.
I had never lost the craving for them.

These new drugs CHAMPIX ect seem to work on the brains nicotine receptors and just TURN THEM OFF, NO cravings what so ever.

Someone mentioned weight gain, yes I did put on about 8kg, in the past couple of months I have lost about 6 kg so I'm happy with that.
The weight gain was a combination of not smoking and after 3 years of retirement I've finished doing up my home and so have been doing less this past 12 months.

I smoked pretty heavily for 13yrs, but have now been off after going cold turkey (a few times) for the past 15yrs. You'll never look back! Those things WILL eventually kill you! I seriously wonder why I ever took it up looking back. But the sad thing is I actually thought I enjoyed it at the time. Well done!! ;)

Don't worry about the weight! It all comes off everyone eventually :lol: :lol:

your a strong man i still cant seem to give[deleted]up

I think you're wrong there, as I recall it took very LITTLE effort to quit. Whatever is in Champix just seems to turn the cravings OFF. You then just have to deal with the habit of reaching for a smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:
well done Nev. i was only a smoke or 2 a day and i have not touched one for a month now but 35yrs to give up.
Is amazing i run 5-8km a day and i thought those couple smaokes made no difference to me but since i have stopped having them i cannot believe the difference in my breathing. evil things they are

I think you're wrong there, as I recall it took very LITTLE effort to quit. Whatever is in Champix just seems to turn the cravings OFF. You then just have to deal with the habit of reaching for a smoke.

What works for some, doesnt work for others...Well done none the less...Now its my turn...

Must say that Nev looks a million dollars these days....Great effort :)

Is it the healthy glow or sweet victory of mastering the nicotine addiction

Cheers
Sandee :)

Congrats mate, I quit using champix too. Been off them 3 years now and feeling better every day. Only side effect I had was the most vivid realistic dreams ever and the most being when I fell asleep watching the f1s and halfway through the night I pushed my wife out of bed because an f1 car came through the window. Was worth it

Must say that Nev looks a million dollars these days....Great effort :)

Is it the healthy glow or sweet victory of mastering the nicotine addiction

Cheers
Sandee :)

Ah gee Sandee, thanks, not sure I do but I'll take your word I do. Might be the smile when thinking of what I can spend the $450 a month smoke money on.
Heard a guy on radio talking about dreams from a drug he was using. He reckoned that they were the best dreams EVER. It wasn't champix.

great work mate, im getting myself ready to quit also getting a routine down and avoiding the pub for a month at least going to hibernate with my snake for a few months at home and avoid the temptation and start up wood working and cabinet making and building a hatchie enclosure and turning my old corner tv cabinet into a large enclosure and i think by the time im done i will be a non smoker lol

well done Nev!
Dont drink around mates that are smoking..thats never a good move hahaha

You're right, that's what brought be undone way back after not smoking for 5 years. At a party with mates, a few drinks and then why not have 1 or 2. Yeah right.
It's interesting that last time I stopped even after 5 years I still had the cravings to some degree. This time, yeah it still crosses my mind a couple of times a day but there is no wanting to smoke.

I always told me son that if I hadn't been smoking for all those years I'd be driving a BMW.........................

I do remember the odd conversation on the phone when i'd hear you light up mid sentence...has it been that long? Wow that is good news mate!!!

Don't give up the cans though, then we'll call you sissy boy! :lol:

Good achievement and kudos buddy!
Get on to the Aerobics Aus style in the mornings that'll get rid of the gut...Do you Qlders have that? :p

I do remember the odd conversation on the phone when i'd hear you light up mid sentence...has it been that long? Wow that is good news mate!!!

Don't give up the cans though, then we'll call you sissy boy! :lol:

Good achievement and kudos buddy!
Get on to the Aerobics Aus style in the mornings that'll get rid of the gut...Do you Qlders have that? :p

You're right Scott, smoking while on the phone was a favourite. Don't think you can stop smoking and keep drinking. For the first 3 or 4 months I kept well away from anywhere there was going to be beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back