4 new snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Greebs!
Wow, 40.. I'm envious, no room for a shed on my balcony so I'm not able to expand my family :-( Good luck with the bitey beautys and post some pics when you can.

I'm just getting started Nicole. A lot of my snakes are sub-adults so in 2 to 3 years it should really take off.

I might have to drop in with Afro some time - it sounds awesome!
I'll live my dreams of mega multiple snake guardianship through you Greebs :)

My mate just recently aquired a pair of 2yo darwins. I was giving him a lift home and he decided to open the bag, they started striking at him.
The previous owner said they were the fiestiest snakes he had ever kept.

Having said that, he has managed to tame them down and they don't try to bite him anymore.

cheers

Jonny

Probably the coastals as they are easy handlers.The Brisbane has a nice set of stripes running down the last 3rd of it's body.
One of the Darwins has nice 'bright' colours although I don't know what sex it is yet.The other darwin is only average.

hey greebo was your security system expensive to set up and also did you use motion sensor's or not? as i will be using a shed in the long run myself and would love that sort of information.

Security alarms don't have to be expensive to be effective. I installed one to cover my house for under a grand. Biggest thing you need is reliability because if it false alarms all the time like some do nobody takes any notice of it. Good quality P.I.R. detectors and properly set up and ya laughing :)

I have found Darwins to be pretty schizo as well.....seems like a lot of our more Northern species of pythons are more bitey in general...

I had a water python once that was the craziest thing i've ever seen.This thing would launch itself at you with full force and mouth open any time you went remotely near it. I no longer own this snake and although i have seen and heard of the odd "quiet" water python i don't think i'd like to own another one.

The alarm was not expensive at all. I actually picked it up from the auctions.It was a house system but I only used 2 of the motion sensors and a sensor on the door. It helps to know an electrician too.

Mine are also fine.
The big boy is Territorial, but once hooked out of his enclosure is fine.
Hatchling Water pythons on the other hand have serious attitude. I have had quite a few of them throwing their entire bodies off the ground trying to get me. Also have had them come straight out of the tub and at the face in mid air. A few good feeds though and they settle right down. IMO it's a factor of where they naturally occur, life can be pretty harsh up there for a feed sized python.

Are yours QLD waters? I hear these are pretty quiet.....

How much for a few litres of Adelaides finest valium drinking water?

Greebo said:
so how many could i fit ruffly
Depends on your set up.whether you just have enclosures on the walls or if you have banks of enclossure down the middle as well.
But if your shed is 10X8...well you could house heaps of snakes in there before you run out of room.
sorry Greeboit 8mx20m

Greebo,
I have two pair of adult Darwins from separate sources, and all are puppy dog tame, never had a problem with them.
Sometimes first impressions of a species stay with us for a long time, I remember having those thought's about a Bar necked scrub I used to hae in the UK, boy, they have got a reach on them!

Hope you enjoy the Darwins, they are great snakes.

Neil

I love Darwins, I already have a pair. I got these ones cheap and hopefully one of them will be female.If not, well I guess I'll just have to get some more.
My big male is a striking orange colour and I am hoping to get some more nice ones from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back