A quick introduction

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DThatch

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Hey guys, Having just signed up after a long time of reading through here, i thought i should post a quick intro.
My name is David, I'm 18 and from Brisbane. After some encounters with snakes (one in particular http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/member/dthatch-34626/albums/one-started-5615/) i decided i would very much love to have one of my own. As such i am currently awaiting my license and will soon get a hold of either a Murray Darling or just a Childrens python (depending on what my enclosure can hold). I am very much a novice, and this would be my first snake. Thanks in advance for any advice i may receive from you guys! While im here, Any one know of any good MD breeders in Brisbane? (more specifically eastern brisbane)

hello and welcome
sorry but i dont know any breeders around your area hopefully someone on here will help ya out

Hey mate good luck on ya first buy and i would suggest just posting a thread up in aust snakes asking for breeders in ur area!

Welcome to the family , I know of someone with caramel coastals and lots of them near beenleigh-(go getting two on the weekend) not md breeders though sorry

U could house a coastal in it for awhile but they do grow large round 4m mark i think. But that enclosure will do ya for a year or so

Yeah there hot, there useually up to 8 or so foot grown, that would be good for a few years, as hatchiep they only need a 30-50 l clickclack for a while, I have them set up in 4foot tanks so when they look big enough there gonna be easiest to settle into their new bigger home I can pm you details ifyou want

Ah a bit large for my first snake, (just a preference although i'd love to get into larger snakes as i become more experienced) Do you think it would house an md comfortably though?

im getting conflicted messages here haha jonez said 4m?

Last edited:
There not much different in size are they

I meant 8-12 foot but my phone is slow and misses stuff sorry

I was talkin coastal mate it should house an md fine but u will want a bigger one in a few years

Yeah ill definitely upgrade to a larger one once it grows big enough. This may be the wrong thread to ask, but im yet to install a heat lamp in the enclosure because im unsure as to what wattage bulb i should be using for an enclosure that size? i have a 60W bulb ready but want to be sure.

Is it going to be in a cage so it doesn't burn itself on it, other wise put a heat cord under a ceramics tile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back