AAE Again!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fester

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
After telling Mrs Mac what a painless experience it is freighting reptiles by AAE, I now have problems! Went to Adelaide Airport this morning, hour drive for me, to pick-up a snake from Roy Pails. Due in time 11:40. Nothing! This is what it shows on the AAE website, track & trace, with the consignment number entered:
18 Apr 2007 10:02 Melbourne Picked Up from Sender 18 Apr 2007 08:04 Melbourne Being Processed at Location

No record of it being sent on any flight, previous or future. Now they tell me it is nowhere in Melbourne! So it has just vanished into thin air! The counter chap at Adelaide seemed more interested in going home (change of shift) than tracking my snake. Just phoned them again and nope, no record of it being anywhere, Melbourne or any flight. NOT HAPPY!

Last edited:
Was considering freighting next snake but too many horror stories, think i'll buy locally or drive interstate.

Hope all ends up well for you Fester, sure it will be

thats really dodgy!!! you would think that they would take special care of a live animal!!!
someone probably read the box and freaked out

anyway hope you get ya snake...if they cant find it will they pay you back...the airline that is?

Found out any news about your snake yet Fester??
i would be rippin my hair out with worry for the poor little thing.

I really feel for you and your snake. As Ozrocks said " you would think they would take special care of a live animal....... i guess not!

Are they actually seriously looking for it...becuase it seems customer service just went out the window!!!
because its not like luggage where you would be annoyed but it will turn up eventually the same,,,this is a live animal that needs special care!!it could be sittin in a freezin cold room for all you know, and they know by the sounds of it!!!!

Maybe u should take the connote details to AAE and show them that it had to be somewhere unless someone had done the old fall off the back of the truck thing! but dealing with lost things u should try and speak to an AAE manager or supervisor someone with authority so u can get some answers out of it, i would try and ring head office and wish to speak to a manager also put in a official complaint and as well as speaking to the ombudsmen about it, take some action take a stand! especially if this has happened before!

Just had a call from AAE. They "think" it did come to Adelaide, got left on the aircraft and went to Sydney. They are trying to get it back from Sydney now. They know it is a reptile but not sure if it is mine! What happened to their "track & trace"? Not all that reliable I would say. I certainly won't be very happy if I have to make another trip to the airport to find it is someone elses!

not again sounds like what we went thru over easter it turned up 4days later locked in a different part of there base that they said was searched.keep on there back ask to speak to the regional manger.hope it turns up soon

I can't believe their lack of respect for other peoples belongings!!! If they were put in the opposite position they'd certainly be pi**ed off!!! But when it's not them they don't care!!!! :evil:
It makes me sooo mad!
I can't see how they can justify saying "they think"... they should bloody well know and like Fester said "What happened to their track & trace"!!!!!! It has LIVE ANIMAL written on the box and they treat it with such complacency!!!
ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!
Sorry for the rant people but it's just annoying the heck out of me that this is happening even on the few occassions it has, it's still happening too often!!!

Good Luck Fester and I'd be onto them like a pitbull and don't give up til you speak to someone like an area manager or supervisor! And if they tell you they'll ring you back, don't bother... be like Horsenz and keep onto them.. threaten legal action, you'll soon annoy someone into finding it just to get you off their case!!

This just isn't good enough!!!!

Getting to the point where interstate buyers will have to start putting gps trackers into their consignment so they can find it. ridiculous there are so many cases of lost herps, all they have to do is get it on a plane, take it off the plane. not rocket science, all they need is a list of what goes on and what comes off and don't leave the plane until all is accounted for. Monkeys would do a better job.

lol monkeys would be a great option....

so since weve all seemed to have had some sort of problems with AAE is there anything we can do??? like a mass complaint/suggestion....although we dont want them to shut up shop just get thier butts into gear.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back