AaE lost my animals -what do l do???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They never did with my claims. Admittedly, they were not huge claims, all under $1000.

My was different.

I made my claims through AAE, they never tried to pass the buck to QANTAS as you are doing.

It's up to AaE to claim against Qantas, I don't know whether they do or not. Most of the services between capital and regional airports are provided by other airline companies, none of which have aircraft fitted with decompression cargo cabin.

Sdaji, as a seller, I would reimburse the buyer for the loss, unless I had told them "I don't want to freight but will if you insist."

I agree, the seller has to cover the cost or replace the animals. As a result, I only freight animals to capital city airports and if the buyer wants me to send it to a regional airport, it's the buyer's risk.

Im not trying to pass the buck, just clarify what actually happens as many people on this site are ignorant to the fact that AaE are simply the cargo company and do not have authority to load the plane or the trailers heading away from the craft.....

In essence the purchaser is not responsible for the goods until they are received in good order! I have received packages of light globes for example that have been broken, sent them back to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement, they were freighted to us in bulk and those which were damaged were replaced at no cost to me. Now before you jump on me for making reference to light globes versus live animals, it is not the content of the package, it is the state in which it arrives that is being discussed. To me there is no tricky side to it, treat it like any other freighted item....if not received in good order, it must be either replaced or refunded.

That's just horrible dumb luck! Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Surely under an instance like this you'd expect the transport company to be held liable. I've never seen forms to fill for my own insurance protection, so would have "presumed" (there's the danger word) that places like AAE would have their own for instances like this. If the accident never happened on their part, they wouldn't have to worry about anything. That's the way I see it. But then who know's what goes on in Liability World??? Good luck!

I'm so sorry - I would be very upset if this was me. That said, when seeking compensation, I think that it is important to keep it as a business transaction. By which I mean that you need to ask for compensation for the cost of the snakes, which I imagine you will have a receipt or record of business for, and the cost of the of the transport. If you show them that you're upset or ask for more than the costs of the good + freight, they won't take you seriously for a moment. Use no-two's info to check whether they are supposed to check the internal packaging, and if they are, then all the more in your favour. I know I sound a bit dogmatic, but, IMO, you have more chance of recovering your costs in full if you are not emotional and treat it as business.

Again, sorry for what you've lost. On the inside, I'd be ropable, too. Good luck with getting your money back.

Kristy I totally agree...if you want to claim pain and suffering you have to be able to proove from a financial perspective what you have lost (apart from the cost of the snakes and freight) this is an extremely difficult thing to do and normamly involves solicitors and courst etc which could end up costing you more than what the reptiles and the pain and suffering all put together are worth.

I am so sorry for your loss.....it is infuriating...and for me makes me realise how lucky I was my dogs got to and from England in one piece.

Claim what you can prove in costs. and it they dont ageee to pay threaten VCAT a lodgement for a hearing only costs you $40 or so and when you are found in favour you will get that back
I always find just using the 'V' word gets you what you want

Elizabeth

stuff that its their fault and if they wont compensate or do anything sue the idiots
if it were me i would find a gun find the driver and blow his face away but thats just me
no seriously thats so sad and unfair they need to realise thats an animal a living thing with feelings
those.....(i wish i could swear)......
how could they just say"oh it was the internal packaging" im pretty sure that doesnt make it fall of then get run over
those guys are just ..........nah stuff that you have a right to compensation chase it up and dont stop till you get it

Kristy I totally agree...if you want to claim pain and suffering you have to be able to proove from a financial perspective what you have lost (apart from the cost of the snakes and freight) this is an extremely difficult thing to do and normamly involves solicitors and courst etc which could end up costing you more than what the reptiles and the pain and suffering all put together are worth.

I am so sorry for your loss.....it is infuriating...and for me makes me realise how lucky I was my dogs got to and from England in one piece.

Claim what you can prove in costs. and it they dont ageee to pay threaten VCAT a lodgement for a hearing only costs you $40 or so and when you are found in favour you will get that back
I always find just using the 'V' word gets you what you want

Elizabeth
the "V" word??? what the hell

V word...VCAT.....not worth the phone call....

In order to claim compensation the sender will more than likely have to do the claim, they know the animals that were packaged, they had not been received by the person at the other end, hence the transaction had not been completed....it is the sellers responsibility to ensure that the goods arrive if they organise the freight....its the same with any product that you send.

We ship product all around Australia and internationally, if the goods are not received, or received in anything but good working order with reasonable package damage, we replace at our cost. This is normal for good business practice.

I don't see how, if the box fell off from the back of the truck and fell backwards, how the driver ran over it. If he saw something fall off and reversed, well then I think they need a new driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back