ackie food question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hayden123113

Reaction score
Hey guys I've recently gotten a Hatchie ackie and started him on crickets(dusted with calcium powder) which seemed fine but I found the crickets smelt and died quickly so I've now switched to woodies which don't smell nearly as much but they hide under logs and the other enclosure furniture, so my question is will he be able to find the woodies or will I have to feed him with forceps or tweezers, also I haven't seen him eat any woodies yet but he may be doing that whilst I'm not looking. My thermostat only goes up to 50c but I have probe set a about 10 cm from the hot spot so temps are probably up towards 55-65, is there anything else I need to know?

You've got a couple of options. If he will take them from tweezers then that is always fun but as he grows you may be sitting there for a while because he'll eat heaps. So the other easy solution is to get a glass bowl that's relatively deep and paint along the top with Fluon. That way your friend can get in to eat them but they can't escape and hide in the enclosure. This is a picture of the one I used to use. I called it the bowl of death because mine would get right in it and just destroy them. Very fun to watch
ma7esapy.jpg

You've got a couple of options. If he will take them from tweezers then that is always fun but as he grows you may be sitting there for a while because he'll eat heaps. So the other easy solution is to get a glass bowl that's relatively deep and paint along the top with Fluon. That way your friend can get in to eat them but they can't escape and hide in the enclosure. This is a picture of the one I used to use. I called it the bowl of death because mine would get right in it and just destroy them. Very fun to watch
ma7esapy.jpg
great idea mate. where can I get this fluon from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back