Ackie Hatchie...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done aslan, you sound like such a PROUD dad!!!!
He looks great, heres hoping he will thrive for you.
Cheers

I have a smallish form of ackie, only growing to about 40cm TL.
They are fine in a 4x2, although I have mine in a 6'x18" currently and would love to move them outside.

Mags - I prefer to give mine a bit more space than is necessary as well - would love to put them in a large trough/tub in the garage, but then I can't really watch them so it's a hard decision to make. I think evenually they will go down there - just so active and want more room for them...

congrats

cute little fella, always good seeing them eat for the first time

cheers

What's the deal with keeping them humid? I've not heard of that before.

Magpie. Its just a way of keeping them hydrated when they first hatch out.

not so much keeping them constantly humid
id be spraying them once to twice a day to let them drink ect till they learn to drink from a bowl,mind u i spray the adults and even poor water over there stack a bit but dont have them constantly damp as such,they have a moist nest box year round to though so they often dig through that,they love to dignice looking bubba,i hatched only 2 this year,male ate most of my eggs and lost the female unfortunatly after laying issues,possably caused by male and me interfereing with the egg laying process

wow, what a cutie! I have only just begun looking in to maybe getting a monitor or two and i think this solves the 'if' issue!!
Good luck with the little one!

In regards to humidity,

My adults are kept very dry. They get the occasional bowl of water poured over their stack (maybe once a fortnight or so)...

The young fella is sprayed about twice a day and seems to drink quite regularly, I have only seen my adults drink once, and that was my female whilst carrying eggs - she drank quite a lot...

So, only going off that, it seems that the young Ackie is more keen to get some water into him...not so much a humidity issue for him I guess, more one of hydration...

Hobbs - Be careful, they're addictive... :D

I recently picked up three Gillens which are even more so - I am now picturing the enormous Monitor enclosure I want in my lounge room...I think my missus rues the day I brought home my first Ackie ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back