ACT licencing - Morelia Spilota Metcalfei

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jemvarova

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm looking around for my first snake and the one I am most keen on is a Murray Darling (morelia spilota metcalfei)... Does anyone know if they can be obtained with a Category B licence?

The info I have found doesn't list the metcalfei sub species anywhere... I've tried contacting TAMS (ACT govt) about it, but they seem to be ignoring me. I wouldn't have thought they would come under Category C, because they are a pretty close relative to the carpet python (Morelia spilota variegata), right?

Just in case anyone else is looking for it, the details can be found here:
Territory and Municipal Services - Reptile Policy

Thanks,
Jem

I don't have direct experience with the Murray Darlings, but I have Coastals and they are a Cat. B. I hope others will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think that the Murray Darlings would just fall under Carpet pythons. I've never had any troubles getting them on the phone (and I've asked the same question about a different species which wasn't listed). The other thing you might try is giving Reptiles Inc a call, they are pretty good with that sort of stuff.

i have noticed a similar problem with many reptiles here in the ACT...... just where do they fall on the licence if they are not listed..... look for a similar species???? there are so many not listed... its driving me insane.. all the good ones aren't on it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back