Advice for a new pet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeCkOs_4_LiYfE

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Heyy i was wondering if any1 has any advice for me.... I am planning on buying my first lizard soon and i would like some ideas on what to get, something easy to look after and cool to keep, any ideas appreciated (geckos or dragons mainly, nothing to big) I was thinking about getting a Marbled Velvet tell me what you think:):)

Not a gecko or dragon but the small monitors are great pets and too easy to look after. A simply diet of grubs and heatwave environment for them, they will be very happy and are great entertainment - watching them runabout their tanks and chasing and killing their dinner.

some form of bearded dragon (anything in the pogona genus) or a trio of central netteds!

Thanks guys i will have a look around do u know anybody who is a trusted seller??

Is there a breed of monitor that is small in size?

Not a gecko or dragon but the small monitors are great pets and too easy to look after. A simply diet of grubs and heatwave environment for them, they will be very happy and are great entertainment - watching them runabout their tanks and chasing and killing their dinner.
what is a good type of monitor, ive always being interested in water monitors but ive heard theyre hard to keep and can be viscious? and how big can water monitors grow to

Last edited:
I am not really one to recommend a particular monitor, and I am not sure how big water monitors grow. I've only ever owned one ackie but that was enough experience for me to recommend one of them - he was such a gorgeous little lizzy, and so easy and fun. He loved chasing cockies around, and occasionally I gave him a treat of minced chicken (dog food) or a pinky mouse. And he won't grow as large as some of our dinosaurs

I am not really one to recommend a particular monitor, and I am not sure how big water monitors grow. I've only ever owned one ackie but that was enough experience for me to recommend one of them - he was such a gorgeous little lizzy, and so easy and fun. He loved chasing cockies around, and occasionally I gave him a treat of minced chicken (dog food) or a pinky mouse. And he won't grow as large as some of our dinosaurs
aha thanks I have alot of research to do .lol
I will check out ackie monitors!

where in adelaide are you mate, if north go and talk to the guys at gully reptile centre, if south go see michael and jason at reptile city. they'll get you an the right track

i getting a thick tailed gecko if your looking for dragons go into scales and tails i,ve brought all of my dragons off of them and they sell land mullets and water dragons ect yhey sell exo terra stuff and any thing inbetwin gully reptiles are alright i would not buy any thing off of reptile city because so expenceve sorry about the spelling im only 10 years old

i getting a thick tailed gecko if your looking for dragons go into scales and tails i,ve brought all of my dragons off of them and they sell land mullets and water dragons ect yhey sell exo terra stuff and any thing inbetwin gully reptiles are alright i would not buy any thing off of reptile city because so expenceve sorry about the spelling im only 10 years old
thanks buddy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back