Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

photogypsy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
There is one thing that I have been catching plenty of mixed stories about and I'm wondering how many people have different stories/opinions...

Are pythons affectionate??
Do they truely feel comfortable and safe enough with you to grow an attachment to you besides hey this is the person that feeds me???? People have told me that no they are not like other pets and they do not grow attached to humans at all, people are just delusional???
What do you think?????:?

They are not affectionate - they are appreciative of a food source and tolerate being handled

i dont kow, im a sceptic....but on the same token i cant explain my stimmies behaviour either, often freaking out when i put him down, and then when i offer down a hand (even at a distance) he charges at it and slithers straight up onto it and chills again....maybe he just feels safer with me as his a hatchy? i dont really get it but i like it, its funny as hell

Dragon Tail - You would also be higher and warmer...

...or maybe i'm wrong and he just wants to spoon...

can i be little spon? im never little spoon!!!!

...your probebly right dude, whatever i no complain his a cool little fella

Hmmmm....

When did this turn to spooning???? He he..

You guys are crazy....

I think people just interpret their pythons in which ever way they want.... yes shes/hes in a good mood today she loves me but maybe tomorrow she/he wont love me so much......

Sounds like thier moody little buggers who just like you said tolerate us!!!!

hahah @ spooning...

I dont care what anyone says.... My bandit loves me LOL

*blocks ears - lalalalalaa *

My snake loves to be held anytime of the day... he is such a friendly snake..

I have been badgered on here many times for expressing how affectionate and how different all my snakes personalities are....

I know thier emotions arent anywhere near that evolved as say a dog or whatever but i know they have the same sort of chemical reactions in thier brains that suggest BASIC emotions....

So yes i do think snakes can be affectionate to an extent....

And im with the 'my snakes love me lalalalalala' people lol :lol:

*hides under computer desk and waits to be yelled at*

I Agree....

I have been badgered on here many times for expressing how affectionate and how different all my snakes personalities are....

I know thier emotions arent anywhere near that evolved as say a dog or whatever but i know they have the same sort of chemical reactions in thier brains that suggest BASIC emotions....

So yes i do think snakes can be affectionate to an extent....

And im with the 'my snakes love me lalalalalala' people lol :lol:

*hides under computer desk and waits to be yelled at*

Hey Swing I agree with you you don't have to hide from me..... If everyone is always talking about how moody their snakes can be then why is it so unrealistic to certain people that they can possibly be friendly ????

thanks gypsy...

I think there is a division between the snakes are deocrations and snakes are pets people...

Many times I (and other ppl i know) have been accused of 'torturing' our snakes cos godforbid we love them and handle them regularly lol....

I also think its ignorant to think we know everything about what goes on in any animals (or persons for that matter) brain...

IMO love ur snake as much as u can without stressing it out and observe the differences/personality of ur snake so u can tell how it might react to certain situations...

Sorry to sound so vague i dont quite know how to put what im thinkin on this issue lol

i dont belive that snakes "love" being handled or "love" there owners, i am a firm believer that some snakes will tolerate this and some dont, there for i never hold my snakes just for the hell of it. only to feed/water/check and clean....
flame suit is already on....:D

thanks gypsy...
I think there is a division between the snakes are deocrations and snakes are pets people...
Many times I (and other ppl i know) have been accused of 'torturing' our snakes cos godforbid we love them and handle them regularly lol....
I also think its ignorant to think we know everything about what goes on in any animals (or persons for that matter) brain...
IMO love ur snake as much as u can without stressing it out and observe the differences/personality of ur snake so u can tell how it might react to certain situations...
Sorry to sound so vague i dont quite know how to put what im thinkin on this issue lol

I get ya Swing, I understand what your trying to get accross. I feel that handling is prob the ONLY way you will ever really get to know your pet. But then again I'm not talking from experience.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back