africancichlidau, no killing please (duw)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
head is dissimmilar to the head of a water python. Found in Australia? yeah, try and bring one in from those Australian islands in Torres Strait and see how Australian AQIS think they are. Population on the top of Cape York????, anythings possible, its a day away by boat :twisted:

Well this might cause some dissention but some people reckon there is an isolated population in the North of the big island known commonly as Australia.
Unless I'm seriously mistaken they have never been found on mainland Australia, and would only barely qualify as a native animal.
Isn't it funny that for all intents and purposes these are an exotic animal so why haven't the usual suspects chipped in on this one?

When I lived(70s) in Brisbane the ships docked across the road. It was pretty much open house once they docked and people came and went without any interference. I remember friends being given gifts by crew members from the islands. they were generally plants and foodstuffs but if you asked they could bring you other things.

Difficult to keep them when they are captive farmed animals. They do tend to make eccelent captives when they are captive bred. The black and whites are a little more difficult to get a hold of. High humidity loving snakes too. Their heads in real life looks more like a carpet python head than anything else. Very nice temperamental snakes though!

I bought a cb 1.2 trio last October.They are by far the most alert, lively snakes i have. They can be very defensive and any movement can set them off. I handle them all without any bites yet. Once out of their tanks they are quite happy to climb all over me while I am cleaning out their cages. I keep them seperately but I've introduced the male to both the girls within the last month. Not seen any signs of breeding. the male has generally been in a different hide in the mornings. They are great feeders. Very pleased with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back