Albino Darwin or BHP, Whats your opinion??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhatcliffe

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i know these questions get a little repetitive, but it's good to hear some owners opinion. I'm deciding between an albino Darwin or a BHP. It's going to be a family pet so i'm pretty much looking for a nice placid snake, good to handle, good feeders, that type of thing. Let me know what you think?? Thanks guys

Darwin's are pretty good people told us they have a horrid temperment but my mothers is pretty good. only bitten 4 times each time it was the person's fault.

BHP are great snakes, they may get exited before feeding time but other than that they great. Keep in mind that each snake have their own personality.

My BHP is lovely! so interesting with great personality. Bit of a handful though as she is very confident and boisterous. She is ridiculously active and always pokes her head out and follows anyone in the room. She is only a yearly but has no difficulty completely turning her enclosure upside down pretty much daily. I have ceramic water bowl for her than has around a 250diametre and it seems to go from one end of her enclosure to the other each night, let alone the newspaper flooring ending up everywhere.

I've only had her a week but theres been a couple of mornings already where she has woken up under the newspaper, under the hide box with a plastic pot also flipped onto the top of the mix. It's really quite amusing.

Definately reccommend a BHP, mine is great and hasn't shown any agression, she basicly jumps out the tank, crawls up myarm and clings around my waist. I've already come to the conclusion, that my BHP atleast, is like having a 6 month old labradore!

as far as temperament goes its always a chance unless you handle them before hand and get to know them. It really boils down to which you like the look of, whether you want arboreal or not and size...good luck let me know when you figure it out and we'll make the rest work. Did you find a corner yet?

---------- Post added 14-Jan-11 at 09:44 PM ----------

I have a really placid het Darwin you can have :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, we've sussed out a corner for it, just trying to make a decision on the snake, your python has made the decision harder as it's such a good looking snake. Thanks mate

I own BHPs are the majority have attidute,however its mainly scare tactics..I think there a awesome python to own,plenty of attidute and there feeding response is second to none..Also most generally grow larger then Darwins.Ive also owned a few Darwins,they were a pleasure to have also,fed great,male had a little Satan in him..Do you like the look of Albinos more then Albino Darwins..The bottom line is its ur choice..IMO i would go the BHP..(but i cant get enuff)

Personal preference; give me a BHP anytime. I'd rather pick up a BHP over a Darwin and would bet that if one were to draw blood, it would be the Darwin nine times out of ten. This is only my opinion and I'm sure others have different ones.

Personal preference; give me a BHP anytime. I'd rather pick up a BHP over a Darwin and would bet that if one were to draw blood, it would be the Darwin nine times out of ten. This is only my opinion and I'm sure others have different ones.
Really, it depends on the snake as I said earlier our darwin hardly ever bites.

I own a bhp and it's an awesome snake. Very different to carpet pythons attitude wise. Interesting to watch etc.

wow, there's alot of mixed reviews here, i think it's made the decision harder lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back