Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way before this gets closed or deleted I think you deserve kudos Zeez. Changing user name is one thing but changing "location" to an entirely different country is a fantastic way to throw people off the trail. Just a heads up though - even an 11 year old noticed that RBBS aren't native to Indonesia ;)

I bet Friday will be better.
I mean, we're all going to be partying, partying... yeah...

lol nice :lol: yesterday was thurday thursday today it if friday friday we so excited lol worst song ever!
And saximus, what do you mean by "even an 11 year old boy" :lol:

I said the stories had been incorporated into there dreaming, not it was a dream time story.
Whats the difference? (serious question)

When I said family of snakes, I meant a group of snakes inhabiting that area that carried the albino gene. Please don't twist my words.
I didn't twist your words, you chose the wrong one/s to use.

Snakes just don't recognize socially constructed genders, and then behave based on this.
I could believe it if some traditional native narcotic was involved lol

Whats the difference? (serious question)

I didn't twist your words, you chose the wrong one/s to use.

Snakes just don't recognize socially constructed genders, and then behave based on this.
I could believe it if some traditional native narcotic was involved lol

It means that it has been happening so long in living memory that it has become part of their dreaming. The fact that they have seen the albino snakes is not a dream time story, but there is a dream time story explaining the albino snakes, if that makes sense. Maybe the men get chased because they feel guilty and nervous going to the site in the first place as they are not supposed to and the snakes pick up on the fear, and maybe the snakes just pass by the women because they are calm and don't show any fear as the snakes are there totem and protector of that area. Just an idea.

People may perceive them as more or less of a threat because that's what they believe but snakes don't chase people. Ever.
You probably would have been better off saying you know people who have seen them and left it there. Unfortunately now the issue has been clouded by a secondary part of your story.

People may perceive them as more or less of a threat because that's what they believe but snakes don't chase people. Ever.
You probably would have been better off saying you know people who have seen them and left it there. Now the issue has been clouded by a secondary part of your story.

Maybe by chase they mean turn and attack rather than keep on going. You can't tell me snakes have never attacked out of fear, even spiders chase you if you provoke them enough, and I have actually witnessed a wolf spider lunge at someone all the way across a road because he covered its hole up so it couldn't go into it and escape. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

EDIT: and most people, if a snake lunged at them would turn tail and run, not turning around to see if the snake was still coming and if the story is already common place they are going to conclude that the fact it was not still there after they left the grounds is because they were no longer in a place they shouldn't be. You have to take human reaction and conditioning into account when talking about perception.

Last edited:
AArgh, trying really hard not to swear here, the point of me telling the story, exaggerated or not was to illustrate the fact that this is not the first case of reported albino tiger snakes. Not to get ridiculed and attacked over a story related to me.

kaotikjezta you dug yourself a deep hole telling that ludacris story..

If the message you were trying to get across was that albino tiger snakes have been around for ages and reported in the past etc. then you should have definitely worded your attempt better.. As I've mentioned before I have NO doubt that there are albino tiger snakes, the only reason I was questioning you was regarding the logic of your 'story'.

Easily my favorite Albino Tiger snake story.

lol Australis...

AArgh, trying really hard not to swear here, the point of me telling the story, exaggerated or not was to illustrate the fact that this is not the first case of reported albino tiger snakes. Not to get ridiculed and attacked over a story related to me.
That's the point I (and evidently others) am trying to make. I have no doubt the people you know have seen them. If anyone would have it would be the natives who have lived off the land for thousands of years. Unfortunately though your whole story loses credibility by the addition of mystical attack snakes that only go after men. So now, this being the internet, people have run with the non-credible part than the realistic part. Next time you tell the story leave the attack snakes out and you won't have a problem

kaotikjezta you dug yourself a deep hole telling that ludacris story..

If the message you were trying to get across was that albino tiger snakes have been around for ages and reported in the past etc. then you should have definitely worded your attempt better.. As I've mentioned before I have NO doubt that there are albino tiger snakes, the only reason I was questioning you was regarding the logic of your 'story'.

lol Australis...

And how many times do I have to say it was not my story, it was told to me, what is so hard to get about that.

Give it up kaotikjezta, the smell of blood in the water has the sharks in a frenzy and you're best to cut your losses and start again, for what its worth, I love the story.

I like the story. Some of the aboriginal stories I've heard, embelishment was par and parcel of telling the tale. It was their way of making sure a tale was passed on and therefore probably the lessons it taught were retaught generation after generation. You only have to do a few callouts or mention snakes in the lunchroom to hear even more such embelished stories. Most of our schooltime fairy tales served the pupose of warning children of dangers ETC.
I could see the point you were making from the start Kaotikjezsta

I like the story. Some of the aboriginal stories I've heard, embelishment was par and parcel of telling the tale. It was their way of making sure a tale was passed on and therefore probably the lessons it taught were retaught generation after generation. You only have to do a few callouts or mention snakes in the lunchroom to hear even more such embelished stories. Most of our schooltime fairy tales served the pupose of warning children of dangers ETC.
I could see the point you were making from the start Kaotikjezsta

Thanks Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back