Am I Being Unfair?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if he is into the baking but still unsure about the chef thing...

look into hotels (large 5 star ones) kitchens are massive, and have bakers in there aswell... so its a very "all encompassing" kind of food service thing

Now, that's a great idea. I will suggest that to him.

if he is into the baking but still unsure about the chef thing...

look into hotels (large 5 star ones) kitchens are massive, and have bakers in there aswell... so its a very "all encompassing" kind of food service thing
Every hotel chef I've ever met was either a complete psycho or far too serious.
All of my chef friends that came from a restaurant background hated working in hotels.
On the upside, they usually provide uniforms for every shift.
There is also the chance that he will start or finish his shift in the early morning, then your back to square one.
I'm trying to dissuade you though. :lol:
Hospo is a lot of fun. He'll meet great people, learn a lot about life and people, networking and have great travel and career options in the future.

lots of people i know who apprenticed at hotels and then leave for resturants can be awesome chefs tho...

i didnt like the politics in hotel kitchens, so i bailed early (day after my trial :lol:)

i much prefer resturants too.. more interaction with floor stuff is much better for me....
helps for a better social life too

although i have never worked anywhere that will hire an underage apprentice

This whole him having a job is great stuff is pathetic. When I was 15/16 I had two part time jobs (nearly everyday after school and weekends) I'd work a 9-5:30 job every saturday and start my other job at 6. I was still studying year 11 at the same time and maintaing a (not exactly perfect) but an acceptable grade average. All of my money went to herps or my mum. Plenty of my friends seemed like your son. Half of them left school in year 10 and had no respect for their parents. He's probably just being a sheep.

You seem like you know what needs to be done, definatley toughen up on him. If he thinks he can just do nothing because he works then he needs to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back