Another, more unusual, relocation!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Living high in the New England tablelands, this is the last thing I expected as a callout! This guy came from the Guyra Tomato farm (for those locals interested). The degloving on his head is the result of some local idiots hitting him with cardboard rolls prior to my arrival:(! To say I was angry would be an understatement. They told me it was a King Brown????!!!!! Now all I have to do is get him back to FNQ (open to suggestions).

Wow thats a pretty big snake LOL
I can't believe some people!! Hitting it on the head with cardboard rolls "what the" why didnt they just close the door to the bathroom until u got there.
P.s good work by the way bro

Deju vu hit for a second there IV. My guesses aren't positive for his future though unfortunately.

Take it to your Local wildlife authority and let them do their job to make sure it's dealt with appropriately!!

Pattern looks like a scrubby?

Too slow lol

Is he microchipped? Ya never know. :)
Never seen a hitch-hiker that far south.....must be an escapee?

This is something that a person should be aware of as a permitted catcher in each State! An animal that is not endemic needs to be handed to wildlife authorities for appropriate action.

Got to have been a pet wouldn't you think? Go to DECCW and see if they'll let you look after it for a while (perhaps keep??)

Yes all licenced catches should be aware of this. Your closest DECCW will inform you of what to do next
All I caught today was a very sookie black snake in a linen cupboard

This is something that a person should be aware of as a permitted catcher in each State! An animal that is not endemic needs to be handed to wildlife authorities for appropriate action.

Yes all licenced catches should be aware of this. Your closest DECCW will inform you of what to do next
All I caught today was a very sookie black snake in a linen cupboard

I'm certain I_V is aware of the process. I went to a call for an EB today, I suggested the lady might go inside and boil the jug for a cuppa, she replied I had already boiled it in case you were too long!

Lucky you got onto it when you did IV. Don't think a scrub would have much liked an Armidale winter.
Don't think they go in for frosts & an occasional snow too much.

I'm certain I_V is aware of the process. I went to a call for an EB today, I suggested the lady might go inside and boil the jug for a cuppa, she replied I had already boiled it in case you were too long!

That makes me angry. If handed over wouldn't it most likely be put down?

He's suprisingly well behaved for a Scrubbie; must be all the lovely Armidale weather. Tommorrow will be interesting after he's overnighted in a nice warm/ humid enclosure:)! I agree Wallypod, I believe euthing may be their only option, hence my reluctance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back