Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pythons and blind snakes are pretty boring. I still find them interesting and like them for what they are though. I would agree that fish are far less boring, but i keep fish too.

IMO Colubrids and many Elapids arnt boring, they actually do stuff like movement.

I can think of lots of pythons that aren't just brown.. in fact only olives are just 'brown'.

There is plenty of brown snakes, and it's true alot of pythons are just variations of brown. Pythons are boring, I thought it was common knowledge, the only thing I do to make python keeping more interesting is buy locality or coloured animals, it gives me a reason to own two brown childrens pythons even though they're almost identical, they're from a different lcoality, thus they're different. ;)

Elapids on the other hand (with the exception of a few some of them are just as boring) are very cool and not entirely boring. If you've got time to sit around and watch a snake curl up under a light or in a hide for a few hours everyday you have far too much free time, perhaps get a dog, or some monitors, they're very cool to watch aswell.

i love watching my snakes, i spend hours sitting in my reptile room. this thread makes no sense on a reptile forum. i collect snakes more for their looks than personality, if you do want something more exciting maybe do what mattsnake suggested and get some elapids and colubrids..... IMO no reptile is boring, from basic to the most advanced, you're just not looking at them right.

Sorry, Ruby, my most boring snake is my fav. She just sits around and looks like the princess she is. It will kill me to sell her. Imo snakes are like fine art, and I can understand them better than alot of 'art' I see. I know I have no culture but I dont care.

Watching them move gracefully through their enclosure. Then turn into a hunting machine whilst they down a rat that almost seems impossible to fit down the inside of an animal is pretty much a rope.

Their curiosity when you get them out and let them explore the crevices of your house. Im pretty much in love with my pythons. Dinurnal colubrids are great too if you get one of them youll take back what you said about snakes being boring (blasphemy!). I have no idea about elapids....
I work two jobs and sometimes i get home late at night or early in the day, either way i have something to me happy and observe :)

have a couple of drinks, then free handle a taipan...then tell me if you think snakes are boring....

hmmm I did go through the stages of being bored with them after keeping for 7 years about 1year ago but I managed to overcome the bordom by selling some more dull animals and buying ones that I had to work towards to afford, ones I was after for a few years. and now I'm quite happy with my snakies and am not bored anymore. there is a difference with being bored of something and loving something, just because I got a tad over the hype of the hobby didn't meen I hated the hobby. I'm bored with my marriage but it doesn't make me not love my husband. :rolleyes:

I have only just got my baby carpet, so its still new and exciting to me.
The way she comes so "alive" at night, exploring her tub and watching
me, watching her is awesome! I could never get sick of that and I havnt
even handled her yet.
During the day, I dont see her at all and it`s a bit boring, I guess
but I wouldnt swap her for anything.

mate i loved my first snake that much which is a b/g jungle, when i moved form sydney to melbourne i stuck him on the same flight as me and a year later we are still happy and with to more snakes added to the collection one is always on the move, but the best thing is when i need some time out from the wife and kids i grab a few coldies and go hide or pretend im cleaning cages, but im really just relaxing like one of them with not a care in the world.

ok I think all you people say that snakes are not boring are right, I just watched one of my pythons for a few hours, well the paper towel it was curled up under. my favourite part was when he moved a little.

Try renovating your enclosures, make up some nice displays, or just stick with lizards, nothing wrong with that! ;-)

ok I think all you people say that snakes are not boring are right, I just watched one of my pythons for a few hours, well the paper towel it was curled up under. my favourite part was when he moved a little.

LMAO...That's absolute gold!

have a couple of drinks, then free handle a taipan...then tell me if you think snakes are boring....
Umm, I don't think one would be able to tell much at all--alcohol + venom (esp taipan), not a good combination...as if alcohol + any snake was:rolleyes:

Wow thats awesome, did you see the actual snake move or just the paper? Did you get any video footage? Would be awesome to watch in slow motion.

To all these people that say snakes are boring compared to dragons or monitors can I just ask are dragons and monitors still more exciting to watch of a night while they are asleep and the snakes are active (assuming they are pythons)? Each to their own I guess. I will admit in the ten years I have owned Striker I may have thought a few times "man she's a boring pet" but I soon stopped thinking that. They sleep of a day, I knew this before getting them and I do get quite a few visitors that wonder whats the point of having a pet you don't see of a day? But they are a snake, I love snakes and always have and always will, they are magnificent creatures. Give me a snake that hides 24/7 and only comes out when its feeding time, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Thankfully both my snakes are fairly active of a night, only time they aren't is when they've just eaten or coming up for a shed. A few people have said if you find them boring then get rid of them, if this has occurred to you then maybe you should, but I wouldn't just yet. There must have been a reason why you got snakes in the first place, if you can't find that excitement again then maybe stick to lizards.

Last week I put aspen substrate in with an adder to see how much is moves around by the tracks it leaves...7 days later it is still in the same spot that it buried itself and the substrate is still perfect all around it ...EXCITING STUFF!!

Sounds abit like my situation. I got my first snake in 2001 and i still have him. Still my most fav out of all my herps.
hmmm I did go through the stages of being bored with them after keeping for 7 years about 1year ago but I managed to overcome the bordom by selling some more dull animals and buying ones that I had to work towards to afford, ones I was after for a few years. and now I'm quite happy with my snakies and am not bored anymore. there is a difference with being bored of something and loving something, just because I got a tad over the hype of the hobby didn't meen I hated the hobby. I'm bored with my marriage but it doesn't make me not love my husband. :rolleyes:

As for my husbandry and feeding, it still wont change. Just because my views have slighty changed does not mean i will stop caring for them.

Lol i dont have my VR anymore so we will neva know. Some dirty dog stole it about 6months ago. Now i drive a fully sick 1.3L barina. 30 bux to fill her and she lasts for a month until it needs another refill
Nukles bahahaha ill smoke you in my VL!!!!!!! you drop kick why would you post **** like that? did you want 500 people giving you ****?

And as for this thread i was just expressing my opinion. But when that happens on this site alot of people take things the wrong way and lynch mob comes out to have their say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back