anyone interested in going halves?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
hey all, next year i'm interested in gettin a flat shelled turtles chelodina steindachneri, the problem is they are $600 each or $1000 a pair, just wondering if someone in the brisbane area would consider going halves in a pair and we keep one each untill breeding age, and hope to god they r the opposite sex, or even get a 3rd 2 b on the safe side? awsome turt and ment 2 b quite easy to keep, lemmie know if your interested

sweet, you got a hole year to save up for the turtle and a tank, if this does go ahead i'll b setting up the best ever turtle tank for it, when i first got into reptiles all i wanted to keep were turtles, now i'm getting that passion back for them

is 6 ft big enough lol it's my old turt tank from when i was younger

will be big enough when grown up a big, i'd say go with a 3ft when we 1st get em

kk i think i have a 2 or 3 ft in the garage

pilbara pythons also has some , check them out to
nick

You do realise to breed them they are going to need to be aestivated for a few months of the year to replicate wet/dry seasons that they experience in the wild then quickly flooded . This species are not easy to breed.
Regards,
Expansa1

Last edited:
I guess its because there is quite a high demand for them and not many people are keeping them/ breeding them

You do realise to breed them they are going to need to be aestivated for a few months of the year to replicate wet/dry seasons that they experience in the wild then quickly flooded . This species are not easy to breed.
Regards,
Expansa1

Have you had any experience keeping them Craig?

-H

yup i do realise that craig, the ones i'm liiking at are hatchies so by the tim e they are breeding age(how long will that be?) i will hopefully know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back