Anyone Into Metal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone going to the Parkway Drive or Bullet For My Valentine concerts??

I cannot wait for Parkway Drive's new album!! BIGGEST FAN!!!

Anyone going to the Parkway Drive or Bullet For My Valentine concerts??

I cannot wait for Parkway Drive's new album!! BIGGEST FAN!!!

if im not too poor, im hoping to go see bullet...

my boyfriends going to see black dahlia murder tonight... wish i couldve gone too! but alas. poor. lol.

i saw lamb of god, shadows fall and devildriver in december, ive also seen in flames, white chapel, as blood runs black, meshuggah, clutch and a few more :)

Ah, yes i was given a clutch ticket as a present but faith no more ended up playing on the same date so i had to choose, went with faith no more.. but i heard it was a good show.

Whether 'metal' or not here's what i'm listening to.

Skeleton key
Tool
King crimson
Opeth
Unida
Kyuss
Puscifer
Gwar
Alice in chains
Masters of reality

Etc etc etc

I do, very much so.

Anyone get to see the Nile & Hate Eternal show? I missed it because of uni.

I missed it because I am poor. The next day I found out that my bf's friend was giving away free tickets and he didn't even tell me. Needless to say I am not happy.
I would have left after Hate Eternal though, not keen on the other bands.

Tonight I found out Macabre are playing in July. There has been no advertising of it that I am aware of, the only reason I found out it was on is because I looked up a gig guide for my friend and noticed that they are going to be playing. On the gig guide it says they're playing at the Step Inn but on their website it says they're playing at Rosies. ARGHH
Hopefully it's at Rosies, the Step is crap.

dos your boyfriend play for any one :D

Yeah he plays for Aversions Crown.
AVERSIONS CROWN on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
They've been writing atm so not much happening lately.

He's at Black Dhalia Murder tonight and Nile was on not too long ago!
Wish I could have gone to these gigs but im broke :(

Its so funny listening to people argue about their music tastes and genre's sometimes.
It's like watching kids fight in a sandpit.
Genre's get way too complicated sometimes too I think..
But then again there are soooo many different styles of "metal".

Each to their own IMO

I have been reading this thread with great interest. I am an old metal head from way back. Played guitar and bass in a few garage bands but never went anywhere. A lot of the bands people are talking about on the local Brisbane scene, I know of through my son Scott, who is now just turned 18. He has been playing drums for 6 years now and started in his first band called So it Begins when he was 14. They played on the Far South Coast of NSW based in Narooma for a couple of years before they split and a couple of the older members moved to Brisbane. So it Begins were quite popular and had a steady following.

Scott moved to Brisbane a year after the other guys and joined local metal band The Lytic Cycle. Has anybody seen them? They did quite a lot of gigs around SE Qld for about 12 months before a National tour mid way through last year. He left TLC at the end of the tour and joined Among the Vanished playing with them for about 6 months before moving to Melbourne early this year. He played at Rosies a several times whilst in TLC and actually kept his drums at Rosies ready for rehersals with ATV when they practiced there. He is currently jamming with one of the guys from Brazen Bull and has also jammed with some of the guys from Amity Affliction whilst in Brisbane. Someone mentioned Amity Affliction earlier in the thread and I know Scott got on with them really well. He met or knows most of the bands on the Brisbane scene and has now started to get to know some of the metal muso's in Melbourne.

Any reasonably well established metal bands in Melbourne looking for a really solid young drummer send me a pm. Check him out on the TLC website site.

tool is working on a new album i cant wait i hope its as good as the rest of there stuff.
but mayanard? (not sure how to spell it) has done some weird side ****.........

I
Scott moved to Brisbane a year after the other guys and joined local metal band The Lytic Cycle. Has anybody seen them? ...He left TLC at the end of the tour and joined Among the Vanished playing with them for about 6 months before moving to Melbourne early this year..... has also jammed with some of the guys from Amity Affliction whilst in Brisbane........

yeah ive heard of all those bands.
seen ATV and Amity more times than I can count.
all the best for your son :)
ive probably even met him! :S haha

I love metal, I'm a bass player. i write songs.

My metal likes include: megadeth, Dream theatre, Carcass, helloween, skid Row, Dio, sabbath, Ozzy, Zakk Wylde, Killswitch, Stone sour, Slayer, System X, Devin Townsend, Ritchie Kotzen, Impilliteri, Yngwie Malmsteen, and so on, and so on.

Basically i'm a 80's Metal head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back