Anyone Into Metal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
been really getting into carcass lately! will remember to have a look in jb hifi when i have some cash to spare

"No love lost! When all is said & done, there's no love lost!" Top song

I also got to see baroness and isis at the corner hotel last night..****ing went off!..and they signed my records again!..isis rule!!

I've just stumbled across this gem! Iron Maiden cross the Monkees! It's a little disturbing! :lol:

[video=youtube;I7bAuzNTIBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7bAuzNTIBs[/video]

I like the music, but cant tolerate they whingy yelling that often goes with it. That said im sure tit will be the music of choice for the up coming white supremistist summit at the gold coast... at least think these idiots will think im good because im arian :lol:

Im a massive tool fan. Or more specifically an aenima fan. im not into lateralus or 10,000 days or much of their earlier stuff besides sober and disgustipated. Im not keen on a perfect circle or pucifer either. But aenima is my favourite album of all time.
To pray for a comet to hit earth and create a tidal wave that flushes away all the bullshit-brilliant. Eulogy, h, third eye, pushit brilliant aswell. i was pretty sure it would be hard to get better after aenima and it looks like they have been steadily getting worse ever since.

Metallic have had moments of genius in the past. Theyre not bad sometimes. but with titles like st anger. how tacky and embarrasing. time to retire too.

Someone mentioned marilyn manson. his schtick makes him come across as a bit of a joke and the music is bad but he is a great lyricist

I didnt mind rollins band "the end of silence" back in the day
Some bad religion is pretty good too if thats classed as heavy metal

So many 'core bands have been listed as metal... ffs if you can't tell the difference harden up. There are hardly grey areas here like there are with symphonic/soft stuff.

I'm not a huge fan of Nightwish personally, but if you ignore the vocals in most songs the music is as metal as Slayer. This is their old stuff of course... Anything after Tarja is garbage.

The reason stuff like this is hard to classify, is since there is so much variation in lyrics under the metal umbrella. You have to think about what the music is like without vocals. Is it metal now? If yes, where does it fit? The vocalist usually plays a small part anyway... so usually I accept that even if the vocals or lyrics are pissweak, if underneath it it's metal, then it's metal. I bet some 'core listener is thinking "Oh then BfMV is metal too, I knew it!". Get real, you can take out the vocals and still know it's core.

"Nu MeT41zzz" garbage isn't metal, it is a distinct genre. Don't try to place it under the metal umbrella or any other for that matter, it doesn't fit.

Some bands I like

Opeth
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Iced Earth
Demons and Wizards
Sepultura
Nile

The reason stuff like this is hard to classify, is since there is so much variation in lyrics under the metal umbrella. You have to think about what the music is like without vocals. Is it metal now? If yes, where does it fit?

Why does it have to "fit in"? Why the need to pigeon hole or put a label on everything?

i went and saw decapitated and as i lay dying the other week. Both were awesome. I cant wait to go and see behemoth, goat***** and job for a cowboy.
Other bands i like are suicide silence, bring me the horizon, blood runs black, gorgoroth, the agonist and whitechaple. Another good one is qld local the amity affliction, i love the blair snitch project great song

Last edited:
i saw lamb of god, shadows fall and devildriver in december, ive also seen in flames, white chapel, as blood runs black, meshuggah, clutch and a few more :)

:lol: :lol: Yes it is quite disturbing! Unfortunately I keep going back for more abuse and listening to it! :p
I wasn't going to let my mates miss out on that one either haha

Another one to check out is a bloke auditioning for Greek X-Factor & singing "Fear of the Dark". I use the word "singing" very loosely. It's hilarious, I'll try & find the link....

[video=youtube;m8kV7MWaRk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8kV7MWaRk0&feature=related[/video]

I love these bands haha! :p

Lamb of god
Megadeth
Pantera
Damageplan
Manowar
Some metallica
Shadows Fall
Devil Driver
High On fire
Uriah Heap
Syndonia
Marduk
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden! :p theres alo more but yeah there the main ones! :p

hey sorry if this is advertising butt

Anyone in brisbane not doing anything friday night should come to Rosies on Edward Street
Doors open at 8
Neath, Bane Of Isildur, Bane Of Bedlam, Indeath and my band hypoxia are playing.

Soooo i you wanna see a young passionate herper play tech death on a six string bass and head bang for about 30-40 mins straight come to Rosies :D

The Black Dahlia Murder
WhiteChapel
August Burns Red
Carnifex
All Shall Perish
Viatrophy
Winds Of Plague
Salt The Wound
Rosetta
Norma Jean
Mastodon
The Ghost Inside
The Faceless
The Eyes Of A Traitor

all i can think off the top of my head, sure they're all not metal, but they're all based around the same sub genre. i love my metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back