Anyone want to get rid of an adult python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menagerie

Reaction score
I know this may be a ridiculous question, but it's worth asking.... does anyone have an adult python that they would like to sell off cheaply? Before Christmas? Thanks! I know I am probably in for some ridicule (thinking $200 and under....... :roll: )

Its not a bad question but the part under $200 is a little low, you could hope for an adult coastal but even those are lucky to be under $250. Just keep looking around, petlink, reptilesdownunder, animalattraction the like.

Goodluck

pugsly said:
Just keep looking around, petlink, reptilesdownunder, animalattraction the like.Goodluck

I feel $200 is rather a low price for an adult python when you consider the general upkeep and the feeding for the first few years of its life.

However, there is a lovely looking male Bredli just listed on the HerpTrader for $325.

Goodluck Menagerie :D

Regards, Judy (aka HerpTrader)

www.herptrader.com.au

Pugs, Slakra and Trader - yep, I was fully aware that it's low! Just hoping that perhaps someone needed space quick :lol:

With Christmas (with an enormous extended family you can imagine!) coming up it was the budget for a python.... and I was hoping for an adult. But hey, if someone doesn't have one, then I can't buy one!

Thanks for the tips though guys/girls :)

I have a breeding pair for sale for 400 for the two. That works out to be 200 each.

theres a couple on reptiles down under if you can stretch to 250 or talk them down. water python 250 and a coastal 250

thanks again for the replies! CW Warren - are you willing to split them and sell one? I would love to take two but have to stick to my budget this time.

Duke - thanks, will check it out.

Iceman - would love a breeding pair, but for once am actually going to have to stick to my budget!

hiya menagerie, try checking the trading post in your state, i have seen a few lately in the melb trading post for cheap :) good luck

Thanks everyone for the helpful hints, and for the nice PMs that I have received :)

It looks like the hunt is over for me! A nice big male carpet coastal (apparently around the 6 foot mark, am waiting to see in real life though) who is four. And yep, right in on budget!

Again, thank you to those who took the time to answer me :)

you should find one there are a lot of cheap coastals around at the moment

be wary of cheap adult coastals from Queensland.
They are very often wild caught.
One reason I steer clear of coastals in general.

Hehehee Yes this is true JP, I was offered a breeding pair of Chondro pythons, why only yesterday for 500 bucks!!! He said he could get them onto my license for me but I suspected they were wild caught, so I said NO!!! :lol: :lol:

my mate is looking at selling his 6ft male coastal carpet, im thinking he would want around the 300 mark but i might be able to talk him down for you, as we did pay 50% each for it for breeding

iceman- I dont know to prove this to you.

I have been to heaps of peoples places over the years and seen big
coastals in aviaries, scarred and looking very wild caught. These animals nearly always had been bought very cheaply.

I sold a pair of jungles to a guy once. I delivered them to his flat.
While I was there he told me he had only just gotten into reptiles.
He had quite a few large local looking coastals. He then proceded to
show me a few more large local looking coastals he had living free range
in the neighbouring flat.

As if these coastals weren't just taken from the bush.

I can't prove it but I know myself.

If there are still $200 adult carpets around i am looking for a male if there is someone who is looking to get rid of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back