Anything wrong with my pythons eye?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swink

Reaction score
My 3 year old male Darwins eyes look like that all the time,is this the first time you have noticed this.I cant really tell from those pictures,but if it looks bad a trip to the vet would be a great place to start...Any more information regarding this might help,is it puss like,is it solid,the first time i noticed my darwin it freaked me a bit,until i had a closer look,it was just his eyes as the 2females are the same...Best of luck .

My male bredli had both eyes go like that. Turned out to be snake mites. The ring is caused by swelling when they start biting. The mites are gone now after treatment, and after his first shed since, they're back to normal.

Check for tiny white specks along the snake which is mite faecies. Give it a bath and see if any brown specs come off too.

Our snakey.

I sent the vet some great photos of his eyes (good one and the bad one) and he said it has not shrunken and is not infected, just inflamed and to pick up some lacri lube from the chemist, apply 3-4 times a day for a week, wait till he sheds then see how he is.
if the lacri lube was not helping try broline or boroline (not sure about the spelling) also from the chemist, apply 3-4 times a day for a week, wait till he sheds then see how he is.this one is an antiseptic.

Just to revisit this for anyone else who comes along - it ended up being mites. Nice catch King Surloin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back