APS Chat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi people,

Is it just me or have you noticed how APS chat has gone down the toilet over the last 2 weeks. things ran smoothly before amanda (LG) took over the show. Does she speak for APS?? I know i'm not the only person that has been banned from APS chat for very petty reasons. IMO it would be nice to have someone with APS in mind running things not a bunch of ameture kids. Surely you could find better suited (mature) moderators for APS chat Jan? A lot of people may judge this site by their careless hypocritic attitude, I know a few of the regulars are fed up with it the way it is now and use #aussiesnakes chatroom instead.

SS

PS, this is not aimed at all the moderators of this group (mot of which do a good job), just the nazis' running the APS chatshow at the moment.

Morelia_man said:
hmm i think you just let the bull out of the gate!
hmm, well i'm the bull. Sorry for bringing this up but i think it's past time and needs addressing before it gets any worse. I like this site and I dont want to see it ruined by a few careless people.

SS

well go ahead and try sort it out, i think the best thing to do is just leave the chat room if things get heated. then u wont end up with problems like this.

if it ends up that i'm the only one having problems i will leave aps chat (well lg has banned me anyway, so i have no choice). But from what I have seen i'm NOT the only one and from my past experiences it's beter to sort the problem out now rather than let it blow out anymore. If anyone else is havin problems it would be a good idea to say so now

I don't know what to tell you Braindamage..
I tried to un-ban you tonight as I think 24 hours is long enough for any one to cool down. As soon as I did, Snarf banned you again and then de-oped me for not discussing it with him.
Strangely though he did not discuss giving op's to Brodie, Jeremy and Xiatic with me.Apparently it is a one way democracy.

what u get banned for brain damage? i get contravesial so itll probly happen ta me too!

to me it seems a lot of people dont relate to the age of our members,
with a typed message you read it as if you yourself wrote it,not from a kid.
It is hard to chat about things that are basic herping that bore you, but they are the learning tools for so many inexperienced herps and helpful for them.
I think it is great to see young people involved, passionate and spending so much
time pursuing a hobby we all come here for. Keep them involved I say!
If you were banned what was your crime, if it was a personal attack on someone then you should be banned I think, this is where you need to reassess your tolerance level. You can still be controversial, but I cant see any other reason for banning someone.
If somebody is 'powerhungry' and abusing there priveledges as a moderator then yes something should be changed.
may be a mediation forum where disputes can be discussed and resolved?
just my 2c worth!

yeah me and ss got banned from aps chat for saying fag and like 5 mins b4 that everyone was f this f that and i was like dont be fags and i got blocked for good

DONT GET INVOLVED!
i totally agree with you ad.
with me i am spending all my spare money on reptiles and enclosures and just general herp accessories. it leaves me with no money for drugs or alcohol so i tend to stay away from that sorta stuff.

Fortunately, I have a job and a life so I missed all the fun and games on Friday night.
From what I have been told from both sides, everyone involved on Friday night should of been banned, as the only way to stop arguments would be to have an empty room.
Ad is on the money. Just because some of the members are 13 years old and act accordingly does not mean the adults here should too.
I know that I have been guilty of losing patience with the kids in here. But I never banned any of them. I never oped any of them either for that matter and I think that is where the trouble started.

There are other 13 year olds here? Coz I havent been in chat for a while :D

We have now 2 chatroom because many people complain about How is chat room no 1 run.
Now if you are unhappy with chat 1 management , you are more then welcom to go with your friends to chat room 2.
I will be not looking in to this problems becaose APS is not responsible for anything what happen in chats.
I am providing for people this oportunity to have fun and if you guys use extremely bad language as world f... or attack each other, i have no time for this.

Now i am looking for somebody responsible to look after chat 2
I welcome any nominations. I recommend Popp.

Hey slatey good Idea seperating chat. I recommend Hawkeye as he is by far the most diplomatic :).

I recommend Flanders! He's Diplo-diddly-iddly-matic!
"Everybody loves ......Flanders!" :D

I am willing to help moderate but would like Mark to take back the reins as he did a good job and let things run well and made the chat fun and informative. He is also a bit better on the driving the friggin server than me too :lol: .

I am currently using #aussiesnakes now due to the arbitary banning of members and will stick with that. Could my vote and time please be put on the Chat NOT controlled by Snarf/Amanda as they have done serious damage to APS and chat in particular.

Cheers Hawkeye

PS: Small unmarked bills fine Greg :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back