Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NCHERPS said:
Noxious said:
Indeed alot of the tankbusters are very pricey, no more so then a woma or nice BHP.

Exotic fish prices have actually come down alot recetly with silver arowana being flogged off for $200-300 2 years ago you would be happy paying $550-650 at stores.

I must of missed your thread and mention of Arowana's, do you keep them Noxious??

Neil

Just have one Asian green at the moment. have kept - leichardti, jardini, silvers and asians. Havent had the opportunity to keep a black yet.

The catfish with the gar is Leiarius longibarbis

yeah, very nice pilbara, i have a tank just like that in my livingroom !!
Look.................

did the spectators ome with it? or is that your family? i bet it doubles as a swimming pool hey? 8)

I used to keep cichlids too, had heaps of species
-E yellow
-E blue
-Elongatus Spot
-Ps Flavus
-Hongie :roll:
-Frontys
-Heaps of peacocks
-Cobwe
Had heaps more
will try find pics

are tropical fish expensive in australia then ? i would have thought they'd be cheaper.......alot cheaper....considering the close proximity to singapore !....or is it just south american & african stuff thats expensive ?
thanks for the info on the catfish noxious, i used to have a nice mystus wickii about the same size as that, although i'd say synodontis & corydoras are my fav catfish.

cool...........im thinking of sending my fish here !! ....http://www.fish-school.com/

Not really all that expensive.
Tankbusters are a dime a dozen these days, same as cichlids.

Its one hobby im in no rush to get back into...massive electricity bills and maintanance is a pain in the ass

Moreliaman said:
i have a 3ft marine tank with over 600w of lighting over it !!! $$$$$$$
3ft tank and 600W of light? What do you keep in it? Marine? I don't think Marine requires that much wattage. Algae must be a real problem under such condition.

Moreliaman said:
are tropical fish expensive in australia then ? i would have thought they'd be cheaper.......alot cheaper....considering the close proximity to singapore

Fish can be quite expensive depending on what you get. The normal run-of-the-mill cichlids eg. africans (yellows and blues) and americans (oscars) are cheap. It only gets more expensive as you get more serious into the hobby. Eg. I paid over $100 per fish for imported wildcaught tropheus (10cm+) and when you are buying about a dozen or more at a time, the cost can be quite high.

The prices are also affected by Australia's stringent quarantine laws - making "exotic" species much more expensive to keep.

To say that tank busters are a dime a dozen is a bit rash. With most still ranging from $200-6k not exactly short change for most people. But yes prices have dropped a little, but that goes with cycles. Im sure prices will increase after a few big busts at the airport when they happen again.

I have personally paid thousands of dollars for single speciments, something i am yet to do with reptiles.

i keep plecos and peppremint brisel nose my girlfriend has others

Tiger shovels nose are only $120-$150 these days.
Siamese tigers were going for a little over $90
Clown knives $50-$150

Sorry mate but they arent expensive at all

Yayo said:
Tiger shovels nose are only $120-$150 these days.
Siamese tigers were going for a little over $90
Clown knives $50-$150

Sorry mate but they arent expensive at all

Those are bare minimum prices. They are also the most commonly available tankbusters.

RTC - $300
RTG - $2000-25000

like i said prices have come down yes, but if you know your tankbusters and have an understanding for the aus exotic fish market you will understand that these prices have bottomed out, and will rise again with time.

Oh okay...sorry didnt realise Mr trump.
Why would you want a noxious arowana when we have saratogas which are 10 times cheaper and just as good if not better looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back