Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a question!?
What do you find yourself spending more on?
1) Reptiles
2) Fish
Reptiles I got a spotted black and a scrub python this weekend, it used to be fish but now I have the native tank most
are free.

The salt water was expensive but, all the pumps and lighting for the coral and the adatives like liquid food is all pritty expensive but it looks nice if you got the money to burn.
I just got one now with a morey eel he cheep to look after.

Last edited:
Heres a pic of the best fish tank i have at the moment. Not sure if it still classes as one though with my keelback living in it, but its close enough.
DSC_0531.jpg

Nice mate, I love keelbacks I want to get some of them, I saw some last week under a sheet of palsic nice little snakes.

I wanted to get a photo of them but didn't have my camra there was three keelbacks and a Eastern Brown under 1 sheet
of plastic.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have a second little one I'm growing up at the moment to eventually go in with that one. I'am hoping i end up with a pair to eventually breed them.
Nice find, never seem to have cameras when they are needed.
I have a four foot tank spare at the moment, I can't decied what i want to put into it yet though. Its either going to be a native biotope style or an african cichlid tank.

I had a few fish setups but I needed the tanks for my skinks I have a heap of pits I scored i'm doing up for spring then I
will have my tanks back lol.

Thats nice, I used to have one in my pond and when some one would put there fingers in the water he'd bite them, it
was pritty funny

Thats nice, I used to have one in my pond and when some one would put there fingers in the water he'd bite them, it
was pritty funny

haha yehh that would be entertaining to watch lol mine used to be like that but he can now be 'petted' however i still dont trust him...

They would only do it once, I dont think i'd try that with my morey but. :D

I just missed it with mouth totally open, tends to do it if you put your face anywhere near the tank....

31b0431a-6d96-c814.jpg

so this is my little tank im doing for the moment havent enough room for a big tank in my room anymore

later in the year depending how things go i might get back into reefing but shall see i want more snakes aswell hahaha

Sent from my iPhone

Nice setup mate, it looks nice seeing a planted tank, looks healthy to.

Works cancelled, gotta love the rain so here's a few picks of a couple of other setups I have..

My bigger reef setup.. loaded of go pro cam..
bigger reef setup 2.jpgbigger reef setup 3.jpgbigger reef setup 4.jpg

The nano/smaller setup, lights just came on so there's not much action.. Taken with mobile..

nano tank.jpg

And my grow out mixed African setup with the built in jail cell.. Taken with mobile..

Afican juvi mix tank 2.jpg

My sailfin,had him for 6 years he's 48cm last time I measured.ill get some pics of the tank later on.there's some very nice tanks people are keeping on here,wish I had more room.

Last edited:
Heres a question!?
What do you find yourself spending more on?
1) Reptiles
2) Fish

reptiles! lol nah fish!

I agree and disagree with the electricity for fish. having just been knee deep in solving this.

1 fish tank setup well will run me about 30$ a month for a big one. I am new to the whole reptile world but with my snakes each globe is sitting at 75W each which wont run 24/7 but they seem on quite often which is ruffly going to set me back 40-60 depending how often they do actually run and thats one light I use 2! so it really depends how you look at it.

I enjoy both so price is not an issue but I tried to cut back as much as possible and found with fish if you invest into the better brands the running cost comes down which is something most people dont look at. good example is everyone buying the sunsun filters nice and cheap but the running cost is almost double-triple compared to an eheim or fluval. same with power heads cheap ones run you about 15+W and a hydor will use 4W, sure these figures are small but you have to understand they run 24.7 365 for a few years so in the long run are the extra $$ worth the savings? :p

Sorry blabed a bit lol just my research over the past few months. I have almost cut my bill in half in the fish room which is nice. Solar is next.

Nice setups venomous1111 I love your reef tank looks like it's runing realy well.

Thats a big sailfin TTgd1.

IMG_0036.jpgReal camera shot of the end of the aquarium
IMG_0046.jpg One of the MANY little bristlenoses that decided to "appear" in my tank... I got something right and they replicated
CameraZOOM-20120613104129037.jpg Crappy mobile phone shot of the long side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back