Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your faith?

• Catholic

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • Anglican

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Jehovah's Witness

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other Christian

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Other Eastern

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Scientology

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 28 10.5%
  • Atheist/No religion

Votes: 158 59.4%
  • snake fanatic

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I will be seeing a lot of you in Hell as I believe the Temps there are better for reptiles.:lol:

I suppose you think that all these fossils and what not were all planted to prove you wrong. Pff, scientific evidence... who needs hard facts when you have a story book that tells of magic stories that once happened, but happen no more!

Now and then we get the god squad knocking our doors round here, unfortunately (for them perhaps) im not the kind of person to just say im not interested & shut the door, im quite happy to stand there and question them (after all they knocked my door & proceded to force their beliefs in my face) I asked one of them about fossils & they replied....God put them there to confuse us !! ....GREAT....gods messing with our heads now!! how evil can you get ? ! :lol:

Also we still do get some of the ''magic'' that was written in the book....it's just that now most can be explained......plagues of locusts, flies, mice, frogs...etc etc....tsunamis (giant waves) droughts, earth quakes...etc etc.....

Now and then we get the god squad knocking our doors round here, unfortunately (for them perhaps) im not the kind of person to just say im not interested & shut the door, im quite happy to stand there and question them

I had some JW's come to my door a little while ago - a pair of lovely ladies I was more than happy to politely disagree/argue with. They were foolish enough to suggest that I should submit to my husband's authority in our marriage as he was the head of the household. :shock: Well, you can imagine how that went down... :lol:

I should submit to my husband's authority in our marriage as he was the head of the household.

REALLY ??? is that what they believe ??? :shock::shock:

Errrr...... are there any single female jehovah's witnesses on here looking for love ??:D:D:D
(would help if they also had an imaginary friend..freddie's looking for love too;))

There are many, many, many religions that believe that. I would go so far as to say a majority, to some extent.

I had some JW's come to my door a little while ago - a pair of lovely ladies I was more than happy to politely disagree/argue with. They were foolish enough to suggest that I should submit to my husband's authority in our marriage as he was the head of the household. :shock: Well, you can imagine how that went down... :lol:

That can be interpreted in so many dangerous ways, just like that muslim cleric who only yesterday stated that a man should force his wife to have sex, and it didn't matter if she didn't want it, and that it was ok to hit her if she disbeyed................... now THAT'S scary, coming from a faith that says it promotes peace!!!!

yea bevy i saw that on the news how rediculous!!! it was absolutely disgusting

That can be interpreted in so many dangerous ways, just like that muslim cleric who only yesterday stated that a man should force his wife to have sex, and it didn't matter if she didn't want it, and that it was ok to hit her if she disbeyed................... now THAT'S scary, coming from a faith that says it promotes peace!!!!
Coming from a single man who claims to represent that faith and if you read the rest of the story you would know that his claim was rejected by most muslims, now if you want to talk about promoting peace why don't you start it???

There are nutters from all religions. One opinion doesn't represent an entire religion! MOST Muslims I know don't feel that way at all!

And I know plenty of Athiest morons who probably do! You can't really generalise!

I know, what an idiot! Aside from the problems I have with the content of his speech (although keep in mind many Anglo-Australian men believed the same thing until only a generation or two ago - some still do...) I can't believe he thought it would be a good idea. I mean don't they have a PR department at the mosque or something? It's like he sat down with the other imams and said, "Now, let's work out how we can make Australian Muslims look as bad as possible. What should I say at prayers this week which will offend/outrage everyone?"

Moreliaman, that was what these two women were telling me, although I have no knowledge of JW scripture. If it is based on Christian scripture, however and hasn't been modernised to suit current Western culture (as some Christian churches have) then I imagine it will look at women as pretty lowly in the scheme of things - certainly lower than men.

Apparently the fact that I earn more than my husband, take responsibility for paying all the bills, registering the cars, organising daycare, swimming lessons, vet visits etc (he is a great father, caregiver and husband btw just not particularly organised or dynamic!) he should still have the final say in all decisions by virtue of the fact that he has a penis and I don't!

And THAT is why I'm an atheist! :lol:

Last edited:
Ha they are a bit old, but we only recently got the pics on disk from the photog, so renewed excitement!

Of course, hubby is thrilled now that we are married - because he can force me to have sex and beat me ;)

thanks ishah and abbot makes a fair bit more sence now

what i wanted to know is sif i die a jahovis, and it turns out that the big man up theres ways are really ment to be the catholic ways would that mean i go to hell according to what is taught by the jahovis people?

or does it not really matter if ur christian anglican or jahovis either way u belive in god so ur doing the right thing?

i really dont get what the difference is between all of them

i mean at the end of the day its one person up there so does it honestly matter which one u are? or is it just because u have a few different ways about life or something

all i know is that back in school i was taught that if u dont ask him into ur life ur going to burn for ever
pretty wierd that they would tell tiny kids that but still i dont get it if thats just what the lutherans belive or maby the jahovis' are different?

i might be confusing everyone im just trying to work out if there is really any differences between them all

ARGH RELIGEOUS TALK CONFUSES ME!

the JW's dont believe in hell so if you die a non believer/sinner you simple are buried and have no remembrance of life, and they only believe a 144000 go to heaven who have already been choosen, the rest will live in paradise for the rest of there lives ie never die, this is after armagetten

ok now the confusing part - if your dead before armagetten then you will be resirected into the new paradise world and then in 1000 years there will be another 'test' and the people who are still non believing will be killed

if catholic was the true religion and you was a practicing JW then i guess if you died you would go to hell according to the catholic faith......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back