As a proud kiwi (ex-pat) this was the best news article I've ever read!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
C'mon kiwis!!!

I say we now shall know Winston Reid as 'Sir Winston Reid' - he's officially been knighted!

We may as well have won the FIFA World Cup last night when in the last seconds of the game Sir Winston scored a goal to equalise with the Slovakian commrades.

Doing something (as the newspaper pointed out) that Australia failed to do.

All White on the night - Kiwis show Australia how it's done | Courier Mail

My favourite lines:

For those of us who are in South Africa the only good that can come of all this is that most people think the Australia flag is the New Zealand flag and vice versa, so we can at least pretend that we're supporting a team that's kicked one goal.

--- SLiM says ---

Football might not be the game many people know as soccer - but last night... I actually felt proud to be a kiwi in the 'World Game'.

I remember - a long time back... We played against Scotland, Brazil and the then USSR in FIFA World Cup - Madrid.

We scored two goals in that tournament. Both against Scotland. However we conceded 12 goals. Four of them from Brazil!

Last night, on the world stage... I think we may have peaked... Hopefully not too early, because Italy next and then Paraguay... Could the All Whites do it? I mean really? Who knows...

Best statistics though (from an Aussie Newspaper):

Do you want NZ to do well in South Africa?

* Yeah, the little guys could do with it 87.65% (2371 votes)
* No, I want to see their pain 12.35% (334 votes)

Total votes: 2705

B E A U T I F U L !

(I must bask in it while I can)

I loved that goal, finally get to rub it in about another sport. Is there anythig better than getting one back on aussies since we cop it every other time.

I'm standing on my chilly bin (chully bun) and waving my jandals in the air like I just don't care!!!
haha, I went to NZ last year for the first time with my missus & my brother (sorry, bro) chasing Iron Maiden. My bro had one of those lonely planet (I think) books with places to go etc. In the back it also had common New Zealand colloquialisms, with definitions, for words like "bro" & "choice". It then put them into a sentence with a translation, so "I really like your thongs, my friend" was translated as "Choice jandles, eh bro". Seriously, I kid you not.

It then put them into a sentence with a translation, so "I really like your thongs, my friend" was translated as "Choice jandles, eh bro". Seriously, I kid you not.

CLASSIC!

Well, maybe we could all learn to adopt NZ Speak... We could open up schools that served English as well as New Zealandish in the curriculum. That way when someone says, oi, you Aussies suck in footy... you can say... Nah cuz, we from new zilund.

It was a good game to watch. A good result for both teams.
Im glad they got the draw and it was a good goal in the dying minutes of the game. Well deserved.

A better goal was Brazil's first against North Korea this morning....now that was a 1% goal!!!

(1% for those who aren't sure, is the amount of the goal mouth that was showing at the angle the shot was taken)

CLASSIC!

Well, maybe we could all learn to adopt NZ Speak... We could open up schools that served English as well as New Zealandish in the curriculum. That way when someone says, oi, you Aussies suck in footy... you can say... Nah cuz, we from new zilund.
haha, I like it. Then when, I mean "if", the kiwis bomb out, & someone says "oi, you Aussies & kiwis suck in footy"
we can respond with a bit of "No worries cuz, what's soccer anyway? We're heaps tops at rugby & that eh! It's choice & grouse! My oath it is! Where's my thongs? Pass me another Tui eh!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back