Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About a year of feeding with chickens attached to a rats. Eventually after cooling and only offering rats they took rats alone and were fine from then on.

G&B as you got your hatchie only 16 days ago....you shouldn't even be trying to feed it until now. It would be settling in during this time. JMO

Hello GRATHNFAY, when do u recommend I try feeding her next??? All my other jungle hatchies fed in the first few days of me having them.....

G&B normally your meant to let them settle in for a week & then try feeding.

And trust me you shouldnt be panicing its only been 2 weeks.. LOL mine has nearly been 2 months and everyones telling me not to panic..

Hello GRATHNFAY, when do u recommend I try feeding her next??? All my other jungle hatchies fed in the first few days of me having them.....

If it was me G&B......I personally would leave it completely alone for 7 days...then try again.
Always just check to make sure it has water etc.
Some you have no problems.....others it is the new enclosure...scenery..environment....and they just take more time to settle.

Assist feeding isn't a hard thing once your shown how to do it properly. Ashleigh me and python girl will help you out like she said if your really stressed about it, when snakes arn't the agressive stricking type it's sometimes hard to get them to eat. I've got the same thing with my coastals at the moment so there getting assist fed, there senses are really picking up now so won't be long.

allana, wanna help me with assist feed aswell?

It's pretty easy once you have been shown how to do it. You get the hang of it pretty quickly.

if you havnt already, try senting the rats with a day old chick, it seems to work almost every time with olives.

Hey guys,
Just an update, I didnt get her assist/force fed.
And she still hasnt eaten, although the last two days, she has pooed. quite large and was wondering what this means..

She pooed yesterday and today i noticed more.
HAng on I will go check what it looks like LOL
I have a rat int here at the moment so might check later, dont want to disturb her.

Mine pooed to and looked very skinny after it. So on Saturday just gone I force fed him a rat pup. He looks better but still not responding to the scented rat with finch.

yeah id say she just wasn't ready for a feed mate as long as her digestion is working i wouldn't stress . What about temps? does she spend most of her time near the heat?

Read the first page bunnykin. Tells all about how long its been since shes ate and what not.

And her temps are about 31 at hot end, and depends on temp of the day, lately its been really hot so about 28-29ish cold end..

did you take her to the vet for a check up mate? i don't think theres much to stress about just yet aslong as she is active and she had a good pooh. I'd just see how she goes with the rat tonight and even give her another chance in the morn . The reason I asked about how long she spends in the heat is ive heard that some little tikes actually wont feed at the standard issue temps and if shes trying to stay warm maybe she needs it a tincey bit hotter? just a thought

Well I got told the opposite and have now taken her off half her heat matt but still hasnt changed the temp in the cold end.

Thanks anyway.

I went in quietly and checked on her and couldnt see the rat infront of her hide and got excited but shes just somehow moved it beside her hide and is out trying to escape like normal LOL.
So I will leave her for a while and then go and check on her later.
Wish me luck LOL.

Hi, my diamond hides its head when i try to harass it with food. Only 1 month old, but i can tell he/she is a softy. Not worried, just thought i would mention it

hey ash, :D
last year when i got my childreni , she didnt eat for bout 2 1/2 months. i tried everything, then outta the blue she acceptd a defrosted pinky. and now she is a pig, its as if she was making up for all those missed feeds. apparantly snakes can go quite a few months without food as young...just make sure its kept well hydrated :D:D:D
mel :D

My new Olive didn't eat for the first four weeks. I tried fuzzies and pinkies (both mice and rats). I tried braining. I tried leaving food in their over night. Finally she ate three pinkie rats that had been soaked in the juice from chicken necks from the super-market yesterday. Woo-hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back