Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I am going to trial a few tanks with astro turf - the main worry being smell. At Bunnings they have two styles - marine or economy - which is best? pricing is similar.
How do you wash yours?
pros or cons?
Cheers
ad

It's good stuff Ad. I use it in my Beardy and Ackie enclosures. I have 2 pieces cut for each enclosure. As one's taken out for cleaning the other goes in. I just hose off the dirty piece and give it a spray with Avi Safe and let it dry in the sun.

G,day Add , I use the cheapest stuff from Bunnings so it,s proberly the economy and have had no worry,s I hose it down and leave it to dry in the sun .

I dont like it personally but I have heard that the marine is better in regards UV exposure.

I used it in a few cages and didn't like it after a while it does start to smell and to keep the smell out of it takes alot of cleaning so if you have it in more than a few cages in becomes very time consuming.
I am yet to have a problem with BC and i can't find a substrate thats better.

I had my first Maculosa on it. She would avoid touching it, and when she did, she would only let a small amount of her touch...she'd arch up like a bandy bandy, but not as extreme. Never really tried it after that...obvious she didn't like the feel of it.

Of course, different snakes = different outcome/experiences...

why didnt i think of bunnings. ive checked out most of the carpet places in darwin for off cuts but there is never any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back