Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned_fisch

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My 5month old Atherton Jungle carpet python as a small bump on her body, about 3 quaters of the way down. The temp is currently 26, I dont have a heat mat at the moment but I have her click clack on top of my Children's enclosure for heat. Should I be worried. If theres a problem, i'll try get her to the vet tomorrow.

Thanks.

What does the bump look like? Can you post a pic? How long has your python been maintained at that temperature? When did it feed last?

It is absolutely crutial that you sort out the temperatures and bring the warm end to 32 degrees celcius ASAP.

What does the bump look like? Can you post a pic? How long has your python been maintained at that temperature? When did it feed last?

It is absolutely crutial that you sort out the temperatures and bring the warm end to 32 degrees celcius ASAP.

it looks like a even bumb, the same with each side.
The bumb is to small to get picture of.
All day, than at night it may drop to 23, but thats in the middle.
She fed last monday, but i've only had her a week so i'll feed her on saturday so
i can feed her the same day as my Childreni.
I'll try get a heat mat tomorrow, and take her to a herp vet as well.

I wouldn't recommend that you feed your snake at those temperatures and i think most others would agree. So yes get a heat mat and take her to a herp vet. Also, to be on the safe side, you should quaranteen this animal from the rest of your repiles just it case it has a mite infestation or something else that could be comunical.

I just did a search on google, and it looks like a blister disease, but even if it isnt i dont want to take any chances.

How did this go? Did you get her into a vets??? Heat is probably the main issue here you really need to get some heat up to her. I know it's dropping alot lower than that overnight and Im only on the sunshine coast.
Do you know a good vet to go to?? We go to Clayton Knight at Deception Bay Vet Clinic and he is awesome. Let us know how this went.

Cheers,
Mell

Didn't get there, im gonna try on sunday. I don't think my mum will wanna drive me all the way over to Deception bay, but theres one not to far, probably about 20 minutes away. I dont know want it is, I dont know if it is mites in the waters bowls for each of my snakes, but theres a few black specs, it looks like it has effected my Atherton more then my Childreni, but I havnt had my Childreni out for a while...... At first I thought it was a blister infection, but it looks like the bloody mites are at it again. I'm gonna try get a heat mat tonight if my mum isnt to late, otherwise it'll be tomorrow.

With black specs around the water bowls, it sounds like you have mites. Take a couple with you to the vet, who can look at them under the microscope. There is another thread ATM about Bredl in water which has mites. Several members give good advice about how they treat mites.

I didnt think of taking mites so they can have a look. I'll be taking them to the vet tomorrow, and I hope everything goes well.

hi, i had the same problem with one of my coastals, so i took her to the vet. on the way she escaped in the car, could not find her anywhere. 2 days before christmas i found her curled up in the back of the wagon and no sign of the lump she had previously. I am not suggesting you lose her in the car for 3 weeks but it may be nothing other than she is constipated... take her out onto the grass for a slither, if it is constipation it may help. if really concerned the vet will be the go.

Thanks Krissy,

The vet said their fine, healthy animals, but the bump for that matter they dont know. Im going to Troy's(the guy I got her off), maybe through the week so his brother can have a look at her to see if he recognise the bump so, but other than that they are perfect pythons. Im realy please now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back