Attempting to escape!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

Not so new Member
Reaction score
One of my girls is trying to escape after she had managed to get out earlier this evening (most likely from me leaving the glass unlocked while i had my other girl out. What can i do to stop her trying to find a way out?

snakes are great escape artists you can seal the door with heat tape actually quite strong depending on there size.and seal ant little gaps

she was trying to push through between the 2 sheets of glass before. Now rather content in my shirt with her head sticking out

you cant stop them trying to escape, its what they do.... you can only make your enclosures escape proof and remember to lock the doors.....

My woma is to fat to fit through the gap between the glass but he sure does love to try

she's 2 years old so her body would seem a bit big, but she tries to get her head through, and i don't want her to get stuck

Well there's your problem, those tiny little worms can get out of anything

Yup just cut up some cardboard and wedge it in

Don't have card board, but can fold up some newspaper and wedge it in. Thanks for your help everyone!

use a cereal box, cut it to size,
fold it in half and slide it between the glass

Make sure it is in the very firmly as all they need to do is get a nose under it and push it up or out my jungle managed to do that

good thing for that is cell foam tape from bunnings. buy a roll of it and tape it to the edge of your pane of glass and they stop seeing it as an opening and stop trying. using this also means that the area still "breathes". seems like the easiest way to do it to me. i bought one roll of it ages ago and have given away more than i have used and still have more than half left. only costs $5 or something as well.

I might go have a look this weekend as my woma spends hours trying to get out

One of my girls is trying to escape after she had managed to get out earlier this evening (most likely from me leaving the glass unlocked while i had my other girl out. What can i do to stop her trying to find a way out?

yea my mrs trys to get out all the time, i find feeding her wine, vodka and good food tends to stop her getting out so damn much

i just don't want her to hurt herself from trying to get out

My male woma injured his nose a little bit by trying to force himself through 8mm ventilation holes. Fancy a 135cm python that is about as thick as a tennis ball trying to get through an 8mm hole. Funny, but yes, I understand your pain. It happened to me, I simply replaced the 8mm holes with 3mm holes.

Strange thing, is that now my little female (6 1/2 months old approx) is trying to escape. So, what I do is keep feeding her, that seems to stop these antics.
For the male, the only thing that will stop his antics, so I'm told, would be a nice lovemaking session or a few with the girl, but unfortunately she is much too young for that sort of stuff.

Ben

i use a tape that has like foam sorta stuff on 1 size and tape on the other and i just stick that on the egde that is in the tank and it seems to work good u can get it at all differance sizes i got 6mm and it works good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back