Aus Reptile Park, Toronga or Syd Wildlife World??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hsut77

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

The Wife and I will be visiting Sydney on the Anzac day long weekend. We are tring to figure out where to go as most of our time will be taken up by business. We have from 10am to 7pm on the Saturday free and are tossing up between Toronga, Aus Rep Park and Sydney Wildlife World. We don't get up to NSW much and want to make the most of the time we have.

Our first preference is the Australian Reptile Park, but was wanting to know is it a big day out traveling by Train? If it is not enough time to visit ARP, out of Toronga and Wildlife World who has the most/better herp displays.

All help appreciated.

Not sure by train but ARP by car is only about an hour and a half and i highly reccomend it. Taronga dosent have a huge reptile display probably about 12 snakes and about 12 lizards. Not sure about wildlife world. I would think it would have a few seeing as its mainly indoors they would be easiest to display.

wildlife world has some great displays but ARP has awsome shows in the reptile pit and is was more reptile orientated

the wildlife world is very very easy to get to as it's right in the city
ARP is like an hour and a bit train ride then you have to get a cab

i saw on the ARP website i think they give you discounted entry if you bring them the recipt from the cab you caught

i prefer ARP but the wildlife world also has an awesome room full of butterflies that just all land on you.

go ARP

wins hands down

keepers and demonstrations are great and love you asking questions

also saturday is feeding day so you will see a lot of reps being fed

enjoy the day

dave

I think we will hire a car and go to ARP. Thnaks for the input.

Wildlife world does have a few more herp displays then Taronga but doesn't have a great deal more. If you are visiting Sydney and looking for a daytrip I would probably suggest going into to Circular Quay and catching a ferry to Taronga to also catch some of the sights.

If you decide to hire a car it would probably take you 1 - 1 1/2 hours to drive to the reptile park. Just keep heading north, get onto the freeway and the exit does have ARP signage. Well worth the trip IMO :)

If ARP is the new version of the Gosford reptile park, that would be the place to go .....I havent been in sydney for years n years but still have fond memories of that place and my kids do too (they more so remember the big dinosaur out the front but anyway)it was a great place then so hope its even better now...RBB

I would probably choose tarronga or sydney wildlife world. Im always just a little bit dissapointed by ARP since the fire.

Problem with ARP is that there isn't a lot there. You could do the whole thing in under and hour then maybe watch a show.

Taronga is huge. There is a lot to see there, you can quite easily make a day of it. Not as many reptiles of course, but there's so much there, and it's right on the harbour so a good place to go if you want to see Sydney :)

Hi All,

The Wife and I will be visiting Sydney on the Anzac day long weekend. We are tring to figure out where to go as most of our time will be taken up by business. We have from 10am to 7pm on the Saturday free and are tossing up between Toronga, Aus Rep Park and Sydney Wildlife World. We don't get up to NSW much and want to make the most of the time we have.

Our first preference is the Australian Reptile Park, but was wanting to know is it a big day out traveling by Train? If it is not enough time to visit ARP, out of Toronga and Wildlife World who has the most/better herp displays.

All help appreciated.

I would do Wildlife World. Australian Reptile Park didn't have enough "Aussie" reptiles for my liking and Taronga is a pain in the butt to get to.

At least if you go to Wildlife World your still clsoe to the Aquariums and Darlong Harbour. I've been told Wildlife World is the best out of the three.

I think the thing i'm thinking of is the aus reptile world thingy.
i've only herd bad things from it not relly worth it
and i think the 1 i'm talking of is around darling harbour but not sure.
if u get any better info discarde ALL of mine

Taronga dosent have a huge reptile display probably about 12 snakes and about 12 lizards.

That staement is just wrong. Taronga have a lot more than just 12 snakes and 12 lizards.

If you are staying in Sydney itself, Taronga is a 20 minute ferry ride from Circular Quay.

And the beaty of Wildlife World is that it's open until 10pm, so you can go to Taronga in the morning, and still go to Wildlife World at 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

In fact, you could do Wildlife World in the evening some other time on your visit, too.

:p

Hix

Featherdale is quite a good park they have a fairly large reptile display cave with about twenty different enclosures. and also have a adult saltie. the birds are spectacular and they also have quolls. :D

Arp is a good day out, take a bbq lunch. mention you are a member of this site and you may get a discount, or if you are a member of another herpetological society, you get in for free. Arp has plenty to see, esp if you want to see the shows, if you just breeze thru everything then of course it will only take an hour. there are feedings, reptile handling displays, spider feeding and shows, mammals and birds etc. Having said that i haven't been to taronga in years, and have never been to the other place. I am sure each has their merits, and i am probably biased.

Oh yeah - Taronga has a Komodo Dragon, if you're interested in them. And Tuataras.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back