Austin Stevens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that lot of his scenes are staged, but.....

Kids love him.
Great entertainer.
Brings reptile world to public.

I would like to see the achievement of people who called him tosser. Most of critics just have few snakes in garage and call them selfs experts on herps.

He is top entertainer, travel the world and earn great money by doing that. Good on him.

have to agree, Jeff Corwin is light hearted and funny when presenting, and you still get to see some cool critters.

Jeff is very easy on the eye as well!!!

Don't you just love the Indian Jones type music they play with the Austin Stevens docos.?

Garth N Fay....I noticed its very 'Indiana Jonesy'....

And for an adult its obvious he's putting some of it on...but kids don't seem to care.

And I agree with Slateman.

I always laugh when I hear Austin talk about when he leaped off the top of his three story paddleboat while looking for anacondas....he says 'I was on the top floor, and saw something move in the water, so I dived off' (or similar- this is not an exact quote) He made it seem like it was just a 'spontaneous' thing- but then they show you him diving off- and its one of those 'matrix' shots. Now I know how those shots are made, so I always laugh when they show him doing something 'spontaneous' and then show one of those 3D shots. Too funny! I've seen it through all his shows...

He did have a lovely looking Brown Snake last night- huge thing it was....it was havin' a swing at him- nearly got him too many times for me to count...He milked it to show the venom....it was interesting even if it was very set up. he took his horse to an old abandoned barn type thing...then they did shots of the horse looking edgey (I'd be lookin' edgy if I knew he was going to be pulling out a giant brown snake and be an idiot with it too). It was blatantly obvious.

One good thing- my eight year old learned some lessons about vens from watching him. And she might be an elapid lover- she was insistent that even though the brown could kill you- it was lovely. *AAAAARRRGGHHHH!*

:D

even more crazy get venom out of it lol !!! but exciting???
does anybody know people who surply reptiles for documentrys that go on TV????

I had a friend that had a BBC film crew living in his garage for a week filming his monitors hatch in a fake termite mound they constructed, along with a few fake eggs, then they flew him, the hatchies and the adults to Alice for more filming. Watching the doco, you see the goannas coming out of the termite mound but can't see my mate on the other side pushing them through! Funny thing is the part was on Gouldii but no one bred them that year so all the babies shown hatching were Penopties. I guess you would have to be a expert to pick the fault though. But listening to the stories he tells me, and knowing what goes on, I find it very hard to what those sort of doccos anymore.

yeh Anthony Stimson does it all the time. A few years ago he invited me along to watch them film part of a brown tree snake doco in his parents garage. It was quite interesting.

why did it have blood on its nose pike? was that in the valley of snakes or your backyard??

No it was really there, but he has to obey the law like anyone else.Not allowed to interfere with wildlife, so of course they all have to take captive snakes.

Slateman said:
I realize that lot of his scenes are staged, but.....

Kids love him.
Great entertainer.
Brings reptile world to public.

I would like to see the achievement of people who called him tosser. Most of critics just have few snakes in garage and call them selfs experts on herps.

He is top entertainer, travel the world and earn great money by doing that. Good on him.

Yeah good on him for the top three things you listed.

Achievement of those who call him a tosser? Well i for one don't care about what he has done, he's a toss pot. What have i achieved i don't know, i keep a large collection of reptiles heathly year round and breed many of them, thats good enough for me. At least people like us supply the public with good quality reptiles and teach them the right way to respect them and not to jump around the place showing off.

Few snakes in the garage ey Slatey? Well we know why you don't bag him :roll:

I laughed because I find it amusing that you had the privilege of having your snake in an international doco type show....and the best you can do is :
pike1 said:
That was My scrubby he found up the tree

My warped sense of humour I guess. Or maybe I am just more easily amused than most.

Love him or hate him....the only people who bag Austin Stevens are herpers who wish they could do what he's doing...but they'd do it better of course. Everyone starts out like that, but then pushed by deadlines, producers, film companies and the like- people's paths become changed....and 'stuff' creeps in (marketing/audience placement...the list goes on).

I admire Austin, and would love to do what he does- set ups or not- he's been to some seriously lovely places!

Austin Stevens caught a friend of mines gaboon adder. I think he also holds the record for a snake sit in. He donated all the money for charity. Yes Slateman, it usually is the people who do nothing for herpetology who bag others that try to educate. Mark O Shea on the other end is not welcome to do shows back in South Africa anymore as he acted like a real tosser when he was there last time. Remember there are many people out there who are not privilaged enough to ever see some of these places in the world. These guys bring these places into our home. Listen well and you will here the conservation message behind all their antics. Do something for herpetology then open your mouth!!!!

Was Jeff Corwin the twit that wanted a great shot of a huge anaconda, so the villages found one approx.20ft(i think) and after he took his photos the villages killed the snake.............

(That sucks to know it survived that long for so tossier to decide he wants a photo, to then be killed)

Morelia hunter and slatey well said!!! until ya can better it dont bags it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back