Austin Stevens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids love him.
Great entertainer.
Brings reptile world to public.

I would like to see the achievement of people who called him tosser. Most of critics just have few snakes in garage and call them selfs experts on herps.

He is top entertainer, travel the world and earn great money by doing that. Good on him.

I disagree with most things you say there mate. I'm not a expert and have never said I was. I think he's a tosser based on the crap he puts out. I watch these shows to learn something and mostly I do, but watching a half hour show that has 25 minutes of him bashing through the bush and 5 minutes of the snakes, well that's not entertainment. And I don't agree that he is doing anything for the herp world. The average bloke watching that wouldn't come away thinking "jeeze what a great show, who'd of thought Aussie snakes get so big" They would think, "jeeze look at that tosser!" I find his shows idiotic and insulting. He does have the best camera men in the world however. I mean they got the shot of his foot slipping of the rock THEN backed up 20 meters away and got the shot of him falling in the water THEN raced down stream and got the shot of him coming out of the water :roll: Whew they must of hussled!

And why do we have to automatically like someone that brings out anything to do with herps? The cry always goes out "don't knock it till you can do better" or "Do something for herpetology then open your mouth!!!!" Please ,his shows arn't about the snakes, they are about Austin Stevens! I know bugger all about snakes but I'm learning all the time. One thing I do know is how to treat animals with respect, something I don't see him doing much. But hey, what would I know...I don't have a huge collection. :wink:

dugadugabowbow said:
Slateman said:
I realize that lot of his scenes are staged, but.....

Kids love him.
Great entertainer.
Brings reptile world to public.

I would like to see the achievement of people who called him tosser. Most of critics just have few snakes in garage and call them selfs experts on herps.

He is top entertainer, travel the world and earn great money by doing that. Good on him.

Yeah good on him for the top three things you listed.

Achievement of those who call him a tosser? Well i for one don't care about what he has done, he's a toss pot. What have i achieved i don't know, i keep a large collection of reptiles heathly year round and breed many of them, thats good enough for me. At least people like us supply the public with good quality reptiles and teach them the right way to respect them and not to jump around the place showing off.

Few snakes in the garage ey Slatey? Well we know why you don't bag him :roll:

Good on you
I don't bag people so easily for many reasons. And I did not ment to go personal here, sorry if some of you took it that way.

Sorry if I touched your feelings. You obviously have great reputation and character and I should not say that people like you should not judge him and call him names.

I just wanted to express my opinion.
Some time ago I could not stand Jeff Irvin, and I still don't like him and I am not big fan of Austin also. But I do give him credit for his work in TV industry and entertining shows for people. I will not call him names anymore as I realized that I really don't have right to do this. I don't have to like him , but I am curefull with judgement. There mabe many people who like his shows and they get upset , that stop me to be to judgemental against Irvin. After all he means well.

Sorry again if I upset somebody by my comment tat Most of critics just have few snakes in garage and call them selfs experts on herps. I did not ment anything personal by this coment and I am sorry that some of you took it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back