Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what the most orange snake in Australia is (no, don't include your sunglow stripe Corns etc). I've seen a few including some pretty orange Tigers and one exceptional Eastern Brown. A couple of little Furinas have been quite orange and there are some reasonable Adders, Coastal Taipans, etc.

So if you are kind enough to indulge me, please give me your opinion or better still, post a picture.

i have a beaut vibrant orange qld bhp at home not sure how she would stack up to what you have mentioned though

if i get a chance tonight i'll take a few pics

this is the best i got.

But i think some of those Wellsei would have to be the winners.

IMGP3638.jpg

A patternless Collett's would come close, but I've never seen one of those.

Nice broad head on that Furina :) You might be right, perhaps the most orange Australian snake is a Death Adder.

This Coastal Taipan of mine is a nice orange.

Attachments

• coastal.jpg
    coastal.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 477
Coral Snake maybe?

Attachments

• australian_coral_snake.jpg
    australian_coral_snake.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 260
Somewhere in the depths of the elapid thread is a bright yellow/orange inland taipan. I suspect it may have been radioactive.

So far not one mention of Bredli? I have seen a couple of magnificently coloured Hypo Bredli that You could only call Orange!

heres a nice orange wellsi.

Attachments

• adder10.jpg
    adder10.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 151
  • adder2.jpg
    adder2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 156
I'm new to the reptile world, but I saw some nice pictures of a Uluru Woma? had a bright orange belly, I'm not sure if it was for real though.. :)

The most orange snake I've probably ever seen is a Simoselaps minimus. Other than that pobably a wellsi.

Shane that taipan is a beaut.

I have a pic at home of a nice Keelback that is really orange, I will try remember to dig it out and post it when I finish work.

Here's a couple of Adders some might call orange.

Attachments

• snakes1 003.jpg
    snakes1 003.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 103
  • trip 004.jpg
    trip 004.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 123
I have seen an orange brown but then it would have been an orange wouldn't it. If I saw patternless colletts would probably look either like a brown mulga or a blue belly. Ive seen a reasonably orange mulga and a very orange taipan that my wife almost trod on though she swore it was hot pink. I put that down to adrenalin.
The orange bands on the heavily contrasting wellsii that Rob posted in another thread was pretty stunning.
Nothing though that I would classify as a true orange though I think Im looking more at a saffron.

Some Boiga might be up there. I suspect it would have to be an elapid or colubrid. I used to have a vivid orange Keelback, and I've seen a few of them.

Interesting snakes :) Thanks for indulging me :) I think Shane's Taipan gets my vote for the most orange of the thread's pictures so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back