Autopsy of snake completed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because someone has money and a large scaled reptile collection does not make them any better then anyone. I personally would never deal with this person, regaurdless of his reputation. I'm suprised everyone thinks so highly of the person.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought the snake was purchased in a pet shop.

Am going to go tommorrow and ask for my money back. Its over an hour from where i live so i have had to make time to do this.

A real inconvenience.

That may be your personal preference and I respect that. However, be aware that to kill any endoparasite, you need to administer toxic chemical into the host, which has invariably adverse effect of the host's immune and metabolic system. To put it simply, you are partially poisoning your reptile. It's not a recommended practice unless it's absolutely necessary. .

Where is your evidence to back your claims?

Accordingly different drugs effect different types of worms so it is advisble to determine what you are fighting rather than upsetting the gut microflora unecessarily.

Antibiotics can upset gut flora. Where is your evidence to show that reptile wormers can upset gut flora?

God....that hurts! sorry to hear about that it must rip your heart out!

I guess you need to let the breeder know if you havnt already. you would think a breeder would worm thier collection on a regular basis..and perhaps we should post these guys so we know who they are because that sounds pretty slack to me. Its not fair for the both our beautiful reptiles or their future owners.

Just curious , how do you know that the snakes where breed by this breeder , or did he just buy in a clutch or 2on the cheap , and sold them off as their own ? .
I dont know who your talking about and dont really care , more just curious ? .

If you sell it your responsible for the health of the reptile...weather you bred it or not. I think its pretty simple really.

When you buy a dog you are informed of its vax. and worming etc...why should reptiles be any different?

Can you refer me to some reference material so I can learn about this? Thanks.

"Foundations of Parasitology" G,D, Schmidt & L.S. Roberts is a good start. It covers identification, life cycles, parasite ecology, etc.. As for diagnosis and treatment methods look up veterinary literature.

Ok i went up to the seller today.

Was not given a refund, seller offered to either replace snake or give a store credit voucher.

I opted to just replace the snake for obvious reasons.

I am taking the snake tommorrow to the vet to be checked out i am playing it super safe!! Hopefully the vet will be able to find anything that may be wrong with it if there is anything wrong with it.

The snake appears to be healthy and clean although like nearly all the snakes this seller sells, it is underweight due to lack of feeding. The feedcard indicates it was being fed monthly (Im sure many of you will have thoughts on that fact alone)

I personally feel that it is bad practice to feed monthly and I would never feed my animals monthly but as usual its all about saving money and feeding less.

If the vet finds anything wrong with this python tommorrow i am taking it streight back and going to DSE.

I think if something turned out to be wrong with this python the seller would be in some trouble if DSE were informed as i would have vet records of the previous snakes autopsy and records if anything was wrong with this one.

Congratulations on keeping your temper Horsesrule (how's that for reading between the lines?)! And good luck, we both know you're certainly going to need it.

gelusmuse, another book that will give you a basic understanding of reptile parasites, how they effect reptiles and how to treat them is,;
"Understanding Reptile Parasites", by Rodger.J.klingenberg.

I read somewhere of late that it is actually illegal not to refund the money.Sure all the shops have a store policy of no refunds but it is actually illegal and consumer affairs should be contacted if you arent happy with that outcome.

From all the messages i have recieved it appears i am lucky they have even replaced the snake.

Many members of this forum have advised me they purchaed animals from this seller and they died with days or weeks of purchase with the same problem worms and parasites. And the seller refused to even discuss the issue with them let alone refund the money or replace the snake.

I will wait until the vet examines the python before getting ahead of myself.

If thats the case then you should be allowed to state who the seller is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back