Autopsy of snake completed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had 7 people so far who have contacted me to also inform me that they have purchased snakes from this seller and the snakes they purchased were infested with worms and parasites.

6 out of the 7 people that contacted me have had there animals die within a very short time after purchase. The seller refused to refund or replace the snake in all these instances.

The seventh person saved the animal just in time (obvioussly this one was not to far gone)

I am starting to think that this is a much bigger issue than me and i dont understand why in this forum we are not allowed to name and shame sellers like this.

There is 100% medical evidence to support my case by a very good reptile vet.

I think it may be time to consider a feedback section in this forum simmilar to ebay for people to inform of both good and bad sales.

isnt there already a section where you can leave feedback for sellers?

ah yes, just checked, is only positive feedback.
hmm my b/f had an issue with a person selling snakes on this site, he was told that he couldn't state their name directly, but was able to tell his issue to anybody and everybody that asked through private messaging (or even if they didnt ;))

Positive feedback only Ravan. This is probably not such a good thing given the amount of times people start to shoot off their mouths about supposed bad sellers and then learn later that they were wrong and the seller wasn't dodgy. Since you can't unring the bell, and eventually when you throw enough mud some of it will stick it's best to be on the safe side and stay mum.

Sorry couldn't resist :oops:

Seriously though - obviously in this case the seller is in the wrong, but it's not always the case and it gets too messy trying to sort out the truly scummy breeders from the misunderstood ones. I've seen sites where "bad" sellers are named and shamed and it just never works.

Although....well to be honest I personally would love to see this one named :shock:

"Foundations of Parasitology" G,D, Schmidt & L.S. Roberts is a good start. It covers identification, life cycles, parasite ecology, etc.. As for diagnosis and treatment methods look up veterinary literature.

Thanks for that, I bit of light reading!

Becs your right i have had some very bad luck in the last 4 months, because of 2 bad snakes purchased.

The first from a private seller, so after that incident i decided to only go through a business and then the second from business.

Prior to that i had never had a problem in over a decade with any animals i purchased or kept.

So i am left with the question is the herp hobby becoming inundated with dodgy people or is it purely just bad luck as in i have had good luck for so long well over a decade until the last 4 month?

Am booked in tommorrow with the reptile vet to have the new one examined and wormed will let everyone know the outcome tommorrow some time.

Hopefully all will be ok.

Took new snake to the vet, apart form being underweight appears to be in good health and it got the ok from the vet.

Was given worm medication according to its weight and i am going to worm it today so all should be good with any luck.

Its a shame this ended up such a big drama.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS SELLER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your messages of support and interest guys and girls.

thank you horserule for putting it out there. well done and congratulations on your persistence in the matter. i hope all works out for you in the short and long term.

settle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back