Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_Hunter

Reaction score
As people do lose interest I have decided to post the real pics of the black headed pythons in Question hope you dont mind.I saw them two weeks ago and their price was at 13500 pounds per snake. It seems that a small percentage of a clutch turns out to look like that so i guess its a recessive gene that causes it. Can use all the right terms for the geneticists on these forums but i find people get lost in all the science talk.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/Chondropython/axbhpex.jpg
DSC01474.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

The first pic is one of Paul Harris ofspring for this year. He has pictures on his site of 9 month old bHP that are axanthic. The other 2 pics are of my snake and he is about 2 at the moment. Cant seem to open the pics on his site onto my computer. That animal has almost no pattern on him at the moment and my camera has exploded so will post more recent pics as soon as i can.

the first picture... I'm speechless

What an awesome looking snake :) Are they breeding in Australia? If yeah, Roughly how much does a hatchling go for?

The WA blackheads, although not axanthic, look very similar in their colouration.

Are these from the same fellow who produced the albino BHP's?

I think the price tag is a little out of hand. It is over AU$33,000.00! (There is a "personal currency assistant" link on the Herp Shop Entrance page if you ever need to do currency conversions.)

If you were not aware with what normal black headed pythons look like then I doubt you would give them a second glance. I however, do find them to be quite a handsome morph.

I get the feeling that Black headed's are more likely than some other Australian species to "be developed" into interesting morphs. The have the right mix white canvas, destinctive patterns etc. They also are really great snakes personality wise which is a bonus.

I don't get it - what's axanthic? I have 2 BHPs and they look almost exactly like the ones pictured

to me they just look like nice wa bhps,
nothing worth over $3300 let alone $33000

nick

If anyone can show me a WA woma that looks that good I'll have 2 :)

I think the excitement about them in the UK is that the breeder, as you prolly know, has albino's too. which means he can produce double hets and then go onto produce ghost BHP's.

waruikazi said:
I think the excitement about them in the UK is that the breeder, as you prolly know, has albino's too. which means he can produce double hets and then go onto produce ghost BHP's.
Piet Nuijten (Netherlands) originally bred the the albino BHPs, but it's possible Paul has some animals from that line. Also, the axanthic/albino combo leads to snows :wink:. Ghosts are the end result of a hypo and axanthic breeding.

I don't think Paul has any albino BHP's, they are I think only yearlings but when he does get some the results will be amazing.

Re: RE: Axanthic BHP part 2

Not that I've seen but if they do put me down for a pair. :D

Magpie said:
This looks like a WA BHP?
axbhpex.jpg

re Axanthic

I think mine is one of these,and i believe they come from regular bhps and its a genetic thing,really light white and some ventrals are completely white.I took some pics they arnt reall good but you can see what i mean.

RE: re Axanthic

nice bhp colin, is that the NT's that you had last time i came around? looking good! as for the axanthics, if they came from a qld bhp line then they have something different but hardly worth that much cash, and if there is a possibility that it has WA in it then it looks just like a WA i would pay probably 5-6k max for a pair. nice snakes but not orth that much caues they arent that different.

re Axanthic

Thats the NT one jason,they are different to the pilbarra type bhps in various ways,took a few pics outside,when the UK ones get big theyll look similar to this which is not bad :wink:

RE: re Axanthic

Yea i dont see what the fuss is about.
If anything i think zulu's r nicer than the axanthic ones at the begining of the thread.

Re: RE: re Axanthic

grimbeny said:
Yea i dont see what the fuss is about.
If anything i think zulu's r nicer than the axanthic ones at the begining of the thread.
Thanks grimbeny,if i was Paul Harris ide be jumping around with excitement,when you own one then compare it to the regular color bhps you certainly see the difference.Good exhibit type animal with the bright adult coloration,they seem to lack yellow pigmentation :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back