Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: re Axanthic

Yes I agree, very exciting snakes to have pop out of their eggs. A snake is worth what someone will pay for it, just look at $20,000 GTP's.

Re: re Axanthic

zulu said:
I think mine is one of these,and i believe they come from regular bhps and its a genetic thing,really light white and some ventrals are completely white.I took some pics they arnt reall good but you can see what i mean.

Yeah, i have a yearling pair of BHP's that came from regular BHP's but they are really pale and have white ventral scales in some places. They were sold to me as black and white throw backs and cost a little more than regular ones. I dont know if they're axanthic or just plain old QLD BHP's but was told that if i breed them they will produce black and white offspring.

re Axanthic

Definetly some weird genetic things going on with bhps alright,one of my friends said his Neil Sonneman NT bhp male adult is turning white,makes the species interesting and easy on the eyes.What a collection they have at UK pythons i had a look and was amazed,they breed outstanding snakes. :)

RE: re Axanthic

colin, you must be pleased they have grown quite a bit and coloured up fantasticaly since i was there, well done they're looking great. i have a mate that has a NT that is much the same looks just like a WA rather then a QLD or NT i believe the whiter NT's come from further north eg coastal NT.

that is not axanthic. They dont have any brown as yellow is found in the make up of brown. These snakes only have white and black ventrals no other colours. And the are extremely pale. Even the black is washed out. I will contact Paul and see if he has more pics for us to post up here. Its very difficult to explain what their colours are like.

will contact Paul and see if he has more pics for us to post up here.
that would be great, its hard to see what they are really like from the pics of them.

get a grip guys - bhps vary a lot obviously and calling a variation whatever name you want seems the accepted thing but labelling a natural variation a known genetic mutation is jumping the gun a bit without proving it Mendelian with a generation or two of breeding.

That's right, those BHP's of Pauls are a known genetic mutation and as nice as all the BHP's posted in this thread I'm afraid they don't compare.

I couldn't agree with you more fishead, all it comes down to is they are slightly pale looking BHPs with a fancy name. You would have to have rocks in your head to pay that kind of money for a BHP which in the end isn't going to look that different from any other pale bhp, i've had BHPs with white ventrals and black bands, they are BHPs.

The whole reptile word is gripped by morphs and variations and the second something slighty different to the normal people say it's a Anestalicrwifprgbdvwankwank and want 50k for it..........even worse than that is some clown buys it :shock:

I have a BHP which is loosing it's color slowly.....it probably has some wierd scientific name i couldn't care what it's called......i call him spotty :)

re Axanthic

I would definetly pay more for the white and brown bhps dugga,i havent seen many about,he isnt for sale anyway,he lives here,just a great snake to look at,i understand jeallousy dont exist in the herp world :wink: :lol:

LOL i wasn't talking about your one zulu, that one in your pics is classic BHP, very nice :)
I was talking about the ones in moreliahunters first post, i don't see whats so great and different about them.

I think it needs to be remembered that an axanthic is an accepted genetic mutation and not just a snake that's looks a little paler than the next one. An axanthic BHP is black and white with little if any other colour.

I think both the snakes posted by MH and Zulu are beautiful, Zulu's looks hypo if anything as it has noticeably less black but lots of brown.

Genetic trait or not still just looks like a slightly pale BHP.....why is that special?

re Axanthic

The two pics posted at the start of the thread look like a brown and white type like mine and are apparently Morelia Hunters and thats what ime comparing mine with,have onley see juveniles of Paul Harriss Xanthics.Better to have good looking snakes than ugly ones and they eat the same food,its all about selecting the right animals,people want pretty ones not bushpigs :)

boa said:
To you it isn't.

Well what makes it special to those who think it is? Is it the fact it's a genetic trait? Not the fact it looks a bit different?

dugadugabowbow said:
LOL i wasn't talking about your one zulu, that one in your pics is classic BHP, very nice :)
I was talking about the ones in moreliahunters first post, i don't see whats so great and different about them.
Cool dugs,but in fairness to Paul Harris we havent seen a adult exanthic and i think it would look whacko the chook :p

Yeah i would love to see a pic of an adult, to command that kind of money they must be nice :)

Apparently Pauls axanthics gain NO brown as they age, they stay black and white throughout their lives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back