B+ for Pete - Donate blood and save a life

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to donate too, but I came out from England in 1982 - and I might have Mad Cows Disease (according to the blood bank) !!! ...I might add... that I DO NOT have Mad Cows or anything else, apparently its just a precaution

You moved from England to Qld - sounds pretty sane to me!!! :lol:

Good on you Channi! When he had leukaemia, my Dad received a bone marrow transplant from an unrelated donor from Germany and I have always felt that returning the favour is the least I could do!

I am going to donate too, I will let you know when my appointment is motman. I will add my name to the bone marrow registry also, my mum died from Leaukemia when I was 10 & I have often thought about joining the bone marrow registry & nows as good a time as any;)

Good luck with your campaign!

I wish i could donate but i can't until Feb. Before i got another piercing though i had donated twice and i plan to make it a regular thing when i can again!

I'm a pretty big wuss when it comes to needles, but donating blood hurts a lot less than getting an immunisation injection.

can u donate blood when ur pregnant?

i remember hearing something about not being able to when u have gotten a tattoo recently but i dont no what els stops being able to

can u donate blood when ur pregnant?

i remember hearing something about not being able to when u have gotten a tattoo recently but i dont no what els stops being able to

Not when you are pregnant or breastfeeding, 12 months after tattoos, never if you have used IV drugs or been a prostitute :shock: or lived in the UK during the CJD years. See below for all the details...

http://www.donateblood.com.au/page.aspx?IDDataTreeMenu=88&parent=30

EDIT: Turns out that my waiting period between donations is up so I am off to have a good lunch, lots of water and I am donating this arvo!

Last edited:
Really worthy cause.

I would love to donate too, but I came out from England in 1982 - and I might have Mad Cows Disease (according to the blood bank) !!! So I am not allowed to... :(.

I might add... that I DO NOT have Mad Cows or anything else, apparently its just a precaution

um um your still a pom;)

good luck with the blood drive

So are you making an appointment then hetty???
its only a slight prick.

Yeah, I'm waiting for a friend to be ready then we'll go in together :)

My blood type is actually pretty useless for donating but it can't hurt.

Not when you are pregnant or breastfeeding, 12 months after tattoos, never if you have used IV drugs or been a prostitute :shock: or lived in the UK during the CJD years.

Damn, got me on everyone of those points.:shock:

My blood type is actually pretty useless for donating but it can't hurt.

It's never useless! If it is rare then you are one of the few people who can help those with the same type, if it is common then it can be used to help loads of people! They also use different parts of the blood for different things, so in some cases blood type is irrelevant. I'm sure the Red Cross will be thrilled to receive your blood, whatever it is! ;)

LOL peter, I always smirk when they ask "Have you ever been a prostitute" and the interviewer looks a bit sheepish!

Only 1.5-3% of the population are AB+, AB+ blood can only be used by AB+ people, but AB+ people can use all other blood types. So it is rather useless, but yeah, it should get used but if it doesn't the other parts of the blood would be used.

donate every 3 months,i have asked if i can donate more often and they said no :(
i have O pos blood so all you humans out there can use my blood.

the process of donating blood dosen't hurt at all, i usually feel really good after i donate as it makes you body produce new blood cells to replace the ones taken.

besides what is the tiny inconvenience compared to possibly saving someones life?

My school sends pupils to the blood bank twice a year. (By free will lol :p) I'm not old enough yet, but when I am I'll do it! :)

Guys, i wish i was old enough - i'd give as much as i can. When i get my drivers licence and if i have an accident i want to be put down as one who will donate organs. Just do anything to repay the life that i've had.

Well done to all of you, i'm so happy to see people getting out of their comfort zone, and people who give up their time to help those that need .Thank you : )

How old do you need to be to donate?
And how much do you have to weigh?

Its great to see everyone donating!

LullabyLizard,
You should go to your school and convince them to go 4 times a year.
every drop counts

come on guys, we need some more donaters please, weve got 100 members online. there is no reasons 50 cant book in now.

Oh Yeah, I feel so happy. I talked my very anti donating anything fiance into donating blood with me. I don't know if he loves me or my constant natter about the qualities of donating blood and organs (if you have them to spare) has finally sunk in. What ever the reason I am happy for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back