B+ for Pete - Donate blood and save a life

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My work gets the blood bus in 4 times a year so i donate reagualy, plus the bonus of having a small break from work and to still get payed for it.

Done. Took forever cause i've been in hospital a few months ago, had a head injury, been in lock up, am asthmatic, haven't donated for over 2 years and had an abnormally low pulse but got it all done eventually lol.

This thread was a really good idea! Many, many years ago I tried to donate blood twoice, and couldn't. Once for a long standing cough, and once because of immunisations. I was really put off giving blood for a while, and have since become an absolute sook when it comes to blood tests!! I always pass the donation vans, and say "I really should do that" but never do! I read this thread 10 mins ago, and have just booked in to give blood at 2.30 this arvo!! You've done a great thing to honour your mate here Motman440-well done!

You can add two more donations :D Went down to Chermside with my husband and both of us donated

Id donate but unfortuantly I dont meet the requirements! Wish you the best of luck in getting your 200 donars!

Damn, just found out I can't donate. I remember holding out to be 16 so I could, but I just forgot about it until this thread popped up. Pretty spewing that I can't donate.. never knew that.

I went this morning but after sticking the needle into my arm they couldn't get much blood out and gave up. I have really small veins so only the good nurses can get blood out of me. Last time I donated they stuck a needle in both arms but managed to get enough out of my right arm, this time no luck.

Oh well :( someone can donate in my place :p

Ok so a few people have donated blood and thats excellent. I just want to thank everyone who has so far. But lets be a bit more generous guys. Anyone who can donate could you please book in. It will save someones life. please dont think that it is not necessary to take 15minutes out of your day to help those in need. Lets see a few more people willing to book in before the day turns to night.

I gave blood and went into shock lol. Got put on the oxygen. I will be back in a few months will just remember to eat breakie this time:D:D

great cause mate, and sorry for the loss

im a regular donor and can dontate again on the 16th... i'll be going in then. If there are any other O- 's out there make a special effort.. we are 'universal' donors, and anyone can take out blood (but you prob already knew that).

goodluck with getting the 200!
josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back