Baby diamond python enclosure.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skadoosh

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have just gotten a baby diamond python and it has been in a click clack tub that has been sitting inside a enclosure. He/she has been in a hide inside the click clack tub ever since i got he/she and i decided to take the lid off the tub and i took the hide out and put it in the enclosure, he/she climbed out and has been very active looking around and climbing he/she doesn't looked stressed or scared but i am just wondering if this is a good sign. He/she also seems to be looking for a way out of the enclosure but i assume the is normal. I have provided many hides inside the enclosure to make sure he/she can hide if stressed.

pretty much is it a good sign the he/she is very active?

Just normal behavior. Your snake is just getting to know his new home.

Good luck

thankyou :) Also i live in Bendigo 2 hour drive from melbourne and being summer it is sitting around 28 degrees during the day so the heat lamp only really comes on at night, should i provide a way of cooling down or should it be alright and if so how can i do this?

I don't provide any night time heat at all.
On hot days I use fans or air con in the room.

As you have a baby you might want to provide artificial heat through the winter but at this time of year I don't see any reason. Remember these are a cool climate python and the weather in Melbourne is really ok for them, IN MY OPINION of course.

my yearling diamond gets 4 hours of heat from 8-12noon and thats it, i have a fluro tube in the enclosure for daytime lighting and seems to keep her fav sitting spot at about 28 or 29, she seems to cruise around during the day swapping pearching spots.

Hey guys,
I have a little diamond and was wondering as night temps are getting down to 15 degrees should I be running my heat mat through the night?

Hey guys,
I have a little diamond and was wondering as night temps are getting down to 15 degrees should I be running my heat mat through the night?

I did for the first year but if it is inside it probably not really necessary.

cheers for the response, just another question.....my diamond is approx 6months old and was wondering as it is still in a clickclack what is the best was to expose it to UV? or is waiting till it is released into its larger enclosure approx 12months and acceptable age to begin exposure?

cheers for the response, just another question.....my diamond is approx 6months old and was wondering as it is still in a clickclack what is the best was to expose it to UV? or is waiting till it is released into its larger enclosure approx 12months and acceptable age to begin exposure?

There is very strong evidence to suggest that UV is not essential - There are some excellent posts here on the subject if you do some searching - Look for posts by some of the more experienced Diamond keepers or herpetologists on the subject.

I believe if you are intent on wanting to provide UV there is no damage in doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back