Battle of the Flab

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was a pill for motivation !
I have trouble getting my lazy butt out and about to do any exercise. But I do have 2 boys to run around after all day, that is until next Wednesday when school goes back.

which one? there's one outside on the top level and one on each platform :? and I aim to not haveto change over at central, direct trains are faster.

Can I ask exactly what you have done to lose such weight? What weight were you before your now amazing 50kg? I am trying to achieve the same thing myself at the moment

I think it depends on how tall you are as well. I mean someone who is 5 foot and 60kg might feel like they want to lose weight, but a 6ft person at 60kg is considered on the thin side. (Depends on how the individual feels as well). I for instance am almost 6ft and weigh 60kg. at 59 or 60kg I feel great, but at 57kg I look gaunt and unhealthy. So I think that women who are reading that Tahnee is 50kg and think that she should stop whinging should consider all sides of it. As much as women shouldn't compare themselves to air-brushed magazine models, they should also not compare themselves by each others weights.

Tahnee, I don't think there is anything wrong with looking after yourself, just so long as you are able to find the balance between weight loss, toning and not letting yourself lose too much weight. Find your 'happy' weight :)
:p

I'm not going by weight anymore dude, I've lost quite a bit of muscle tone. so as I work on that I'm expecting to acutally put weight on again, like I've said a few times, this thread wasn't about loosing weight, it was about the skin recovery. I am by no means stick thin, I'll post a pick in the names and faces thread of how I look nows :) Just trust me when I say that I know how thin I have been and can get and still be healthy, I know my body and I don't like poking rips and hip bones.

Was more offering a different perspective to anyone who was having a go at you for the weight you were... You don't need to justify yourself to me, love

Yeah sorry, I agree with you. you need to be able to take a realistic view of your height verses your weight and also health, you can weight the same and be as tall as someone, but one can still be healther than the other. Thanks for the support :) I'm tired of copping flack for something I see as a good achievement, people seem to think I've made myself into a stick figure.

It's all good, I agree with you though, actual weight isn't the issue that you raised. Unfortunately I don't know how to get rid of loose skin any faster, but in terms of developing the muscle again, I absolutely love pilates. I used to do competitive gymnastics as a kid and now I have some room where tonnes of muscle used to be ;) but I've found that pilates has been the best thing for having that nice lean feminine muscle to fill it out. And I love that it is 'low impact' stuff... helps with the worn out joints from the gymnastics

Here's me just before my work christmas party :)
155cm 50kg
Muscle tone... probs almost zero lol
10853_1225364126645_1605287779_5587.jpg

you look damn fine girl you should take up Golf plenty of exercise and good for fitness

you need someone to help and catch you Tahn, thats all I promise I would not laugh

Heh, no offence of course but Golf wouldn't be the first thing I think of with fitness in mind!! Don't you just hit the ball and then get in the golf buggy and drive?

Tahnee, if you want muscle tone. Hit the weights. Long sets with a light weight. Say about 4 sets of 10-15 with a 5kg weight.
Jasspa is right about the pilates too. It works and it hurts!!

have they invented waterproof ipods yet?

Yes, they have :) I have a dive-mate who even scuba dives with his iPod :D

As for toning up, pilates, swimming, moisturiser with vit e, and drink lots and lots and lots of water. If you're dehydrated you will look more baggy-skinned :)

Skin is very elastic, but it has it's limits... I've known people who have lost a heap of weight and had to have surgery to remove excess skin. Adro on biggest losser also had to go under the knife.... Aparently keeping hydrated when lossing weight helps a lot... Of course we are talking MASSIVE weight loss for your skin to not shrink back to normal....
Congrats on your weight loss too!!! :)

I think you guys (females) are harder on yourselves than anyone else. More often than not it's not warranted. I think as long as you are pro-active in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and doing the little things (as it appears you are trying to do) then you're well and truly on the right track. You have to keep in mind that us blokes (well, me in particular) aren't into skinny, boney rakes :lol: :D
I read somewhere about a study that found that women don't worry about body image in regard to what men think, but what other women think!

I went from a checkout chic job to an office job about 2 years ago, and in the last 2 years, went from 47 to almost 60... and I've come back down to 50 in just this year, I had to kick my lolly addiction and cut down on the food! OMG I used to CONSTANTLY eat at work, I'd have my lunch and half an hour later be eating again... Had to kick that too lol.

Well done for achieving your goal weight Tahnee - I'm in the same situation you were. Office jobs are the worst! I have put on 10kg since working in an office, although I suppose it doesn't help that it gets so cold in winter that it sometimes snows where I work - eat to get warm and acrue a layer of winter blubber lol. I had an outdoor physical job before that though, so the lack of excercise and sitting at a desk all day is really starting to show :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back