Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the guy, untill I saw him eat deer dung and drink his own urine, I then couldn't help but lose all respect for the #%#$^

Thanks Gex

I thought it was hilarious when he stuck a knife to his skin to show how cold it was then had to pee on it to get the knife off. It was :lol:

Next thing someone will tell me Avatar wasnt filmed live on another planet :lol:

lol i would rater watch him eat a snake than see a jiggling fatty complain about 120kg "creeping up on them" (sorry but that show really ****s me and kills my appitite alot quicker lol)

Haha, amen to that! I can't stand reality tv, and the biggest loser really gives me the ****s too!

Next thing someone will tell me Avatar wasnt filmed live on another planet :lol:

I helped with the filming. I helped the Navi get some fauna for the stunts. It was so amazing, they are beautiful people with an amazing respect for there planet. I would like to go back some time soon..

look at the date.

Thursday, April 1, 2010
© The Cairns Post

Is it for real or not?
See this is why we need Bear, he could answer this for me (I don't trust any of you) :lol::lol::lol: + he is INFORMATIVE AND EDUCATIONAL haha

Hence my three laughing faces underneath....

Yea I know hence I threw 3 in myself.
Like how you have to get them before noon on april 1st. Dead give away.

Suprised they'd put it in a real paper though. I take it it is a real media yeah?

us daniels' must be the last sane beings on this planet lol

Suprised they'd put it in a real paper though. I take it it is a real media yeah?

Yeah the Cairns Post is for real, pretty crap though. Every 2nd article is about a scrubby hunting down a local family (of humans).

us daniels' must be the last sane beings on this planet lol

Must be in the name!

Ah I see now :D
Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks took it for real though.

Well it looks like everyones just agreed to disagree now, would I be correct? Or incorrect? Should we debate about that now too? :p

I find the show is pretty good, but i was actually really shocked that he had killed a few animals in the episodes i watched. Also one of my mates was telling me that he got in trouble for misleading viewers that he in fact was staying in motels near by over night, set up props etc. like i said there's some good interesting things about the show, but i dont agree with the unnecessary killing.

Link to the supposed fake claims on BBC News: BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Grylls apologises for 'fake' show

It's obviously for the ratings and money, but hey each to their own... u aren't going to like or agree with what everyone says or does...jus my 2c ;)

So he shouldnt kill animals when not required but rather get some farmed food food delivered to him? That would make a great show, perhaps some here should be making survival shows where no habitat or animals are disturbed or harmed directly in anyway and just buy their food from the supermarket and show how to book into a hotel. it would be even easier just to sit at your computer and order a Pizza, maybe it will be as popular as his show :lol:

yeah exactly haha..
but really it just comes down to u can't believe everything u see... for an example Steve Irwin (RIP) he was known for being so over the top etc and it got him so well known, and i watched a behind the scenes ep with him where he was supposed to be handling a deadly snake (can't remember what, i think a red belly black) and for the shoot, because it was too dangerous, he was givin a fake snake to play with and jump around with for a couple scenes.

HE DID NOT KILL THE OLIVE IN THE KIMBERLY EPISODE, and during the episode stated that it would have been illegal to do so. Yeah he is over the top but the lessons he teaches are credible and usable. And I think as reptile lovers it can be disturbing but hey were not getting teary eyed when he kills a fish are we 2which is a little one sided.

HE DID NOT KILL THE OLIVE IN THE KIMBERLY EPISODE, and during the episode stated that it would have been illegal to do so. Yeah he is over the top but the lessons he teaches are credible and usable. And I think as reptile lovers it can be disturbing but hey were not getting teary eyed when he kills a fish are we 2which is a little one sided.

I have a problem with him killing most animals, not just reptiles.

I haven't seen that episode, what actually happened? did he just find a dead one or something?

I have a problem with him killing most animals, not just reptiles.

I haven't seen that episode, what actually happened? did he just find a dead one or something?

He caught it live and then threw it over his shoulder and said it could be kept live to keep it fresh, then later released it saying that Australian law prohibited him from killing it.

He caught it live and then threw it over his shoulder and said it could be kept live to keep it fresh, then later released it saying that Australian law prohibited him from killing it.

That's what makes me proud to be Australian, in every other country he's been in he's been allowed to kill animals. But Australia protects animals, it's great :)

I just don’t like the way he has convinced my kids that they can pick up pretty much anything and eat it.
So far we have lost 3 coastal hatchies, the remote for the DVD player, which, fortunately is not used that often, and just tonight my car keys.
Now I can’t drive to the chemist to get the laxatives needed to get the car keys back. Thanks a lot Bear.:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back